Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-20-2022, 08:57 AM   #21
jimmy98
Frackin!

Queen Studios massively off the ball with that criteria.... this piece is exclusive enough due to the price it'll command and if they want to release it in a low ES then cool.
But don't start making people jump through hoops (money oriented especially) in order to even be eligible to order a statue.
jimmy98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:06 AM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I would be eligible under either option, so no major hoops for me. Except I don't believe any of the retailers I used were authorised dealers.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:33 AM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy98 View Post
Queen Studios massively off the ball with that criteria.... this piece is exclusive enough due to the price it'll command and if they want to release it in a low ES then cool.
But don't start making people jump through hoops (money oriented especially) in order to even be eligible to order a statue.
While it is definitely a low edition size, it looks like they want to reward loyalty to their products.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 09:43 AM   #24
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I doubt it will matter for people who purchase from resellers, but this seems like an easy way to piss off collectors for no good reason. Unless the Iron Spider and Loki busts are seriously underselling.

I'm not a fan of this strategy because it implies to me that their other busts are inferior works. I wasn't impressed by how Iron Spider looked at Wondercon. If I didn't already have that on PO, I wouldn't want to be "forced" to put it on PO.

To add: noticed Queen Studios took that post down from their Facebook and Instagram.
Underoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #25
Brandon
The X-Men

Wow. I hope this isn't the new norm. What if I didn't like the Iron Spider bust or the Loki bust? Am I forced to buy them so that I can purchase this?

It's already enough that these cost 4k a pop. Now I also have to jump through hoops and fit certain "criteria" just to order them. Definitely takes the fun out of collecting for me.

There are other ways to reward loyalty, without ostracizing the rest of us collectors.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #26
SirSunset99
Fantastic Four

To me, Queen has shown time and time again that they’ll use sketchy (at best) tactics to get a sale. Spend $10K to be able to spend another $4K on a bust with “even more premium” materials than their previous “premium” bust? Ridiculous.
SirSunset99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:18 AM   #27
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
To add: noticed Queen Studios took that post down from their Facebook and Instagram.
Lol, thought it was just my page acting up again. I responded to their post almost immediately and wanted to see the mob reaction after a while.

I wonder if they'll pull the same "oops, it was a test/typo" BS they pulled with the 1/2 cap price reveal.

I like their products, but business is business.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:39 AM   #28
naeser2008
Justice League

I don't care what hoops here, I just want to secure one of these.
Could possibly be the greatest Life-Size Bust ever made.
naeser2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #29
Underoos
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
Lol, thought it was just my page acting up again. I responded to their post almost immediately and wanted to see the mob reaction after a while.

I wonder if they'll pull the same "oops, it was a test/typo" BS they pulled with the 1/2 cap price reveal.

I like their products, but business is business.
Guaranteed they'll walk it back by saying that or default to the marketing classic: we want to make sure true fans/collectors receive the bust hence the exclusivity!

People fall for that marketing strategy all the time though. At least this bust looks like it'll be worth the premium Queen is going to charge for it.
Underoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 01:05 PM   #30
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Weren't those conditions specifically for the USA?

For everyone else, I'd imagine it's business as usual. I'm glad I don't collect busts, so I'm not bothered either way.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote