Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-13-2022, 01:52 AM   #51
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterch View Post
Yes, I heard that Queen Studios have a Terminator license, and perhaps in the future they may or may not make a 1/3 statue, but we will see. Perhaps they are just making sixth scale figures in their new line.
It's a license to do statues - they actually said they would consider making 1/6 figures in the future, too.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:17 AM   #52
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Hoping it's 1/3
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:08 PM   #53
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterch View Post
I think this looks incredible.

I can't really agree with the comments that suggest its outdated, only that T2 pieces have been few and far between for a while now.

I think other than the Queen Studios bust, this is the best Terminator 2 collectible on the market.

Yes, I heard that Queen Studios have a Terminator license, and perhaps in the future they may or may not make a 1/3 statue, but we will see. Perhaps they are just making sixth scale figures in their new line.

I used to have the 1/4 Enterbay figures many years ago where the portraits looked pretty great, but the fact that this is a polystone statue, I think this likeness and the prototype paint look pretty incredible. Especially skin tone and the leather.

I'll be picking up for sure!!
The sculpt looks fine to me.

I believe people are saying that this looks outdated because of the paint apps (particularly the skin tone and lack of texture) in comparison to other statues in this scale that are really pushing the limits of realism with polystone.

I'm 75% positive I will buy the statue - probably will pose with glasses on so that partially negates the issue with the headsculpt paint.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:11 PM   #54
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
The sculpt looks fine to me.

I believe people are saying that this looks outdated because of the paint apps (particularly the skin tone and lack of texture) in comparison to other statues in this scale that are really pushing the limits of realism with polystone.

I'm 75% positive I will buy the statue - probably will pose with glasses on so that partially negates the issue with the headsculpt paint.
I agree with the earlier post that suggests that the photography isn't doing this piece any favors. When I look at Captain Spock, the highlights are the very things you're concerned about, skin tone and texture.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 02:27 PM   #55
FDS
Justice League

People are actully really liking the captain spock, its better in person.

They just need to pull their fingers out and realase some of these so called statues, especailly the Arnie on the bike!
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:58 PM   #56
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDS View Post
They just need to pull their fingers out and realase some of these so called statues, especailly the Arnie on the bike!
I really like that Arnie on the harley. It's a cool piece. I may like it more than this one.

if i had to get one, right now i would lean towards the Harley.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 11:58 AM   #57
jinkazama
Cobra Command

I agree with SHOGUN, the T-800 on the motorcycle is a much cooler piece than the 1/3 T-800.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:16 PM   #58
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
I agree with SHOGUN, the T-800 on the motorcycle is a much cooler piece than the 1/3 T-800.....
If you've got the space. The one on bike is twice the width.
Old 06-07-2022, 01:18 PM   #59
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This piece has grown on me more and more. I wouldn't get the deluxe as I don't think it's worth that price for just a few extras, plus the shirt is the wrong color for the grenade launcher outfit anyway, but the regular isn't too terribly priced and the sculpt is actually looking better and better with time. The paint on the face will be the make or break.

I just don't know if I could pull the trigger not knowing if a battle damaged or a T1 version was in the pipeline. I definitely will need to somehow get a Terminator piece in 1/3 to complete the "trifecta" of Alien(s)/Predator/Terminator to finish off the collection.

Maybe I should just get a custom Lance Henriksen or Bill Paxton for each and call it a day.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:22 PM   #60
nearmint
Phoenix

This piece is haunting me, too. I keep going back to it.