Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 12-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
blasto14
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

London Super Comic Convention

Has anyone in the UK seen this it looks great! Its going to be one of the best conventions this year by far!

http://www.londonsupercomicconvention.com/

Stan Lee has just been announced and that has sealed the deal for me! I never thought I would get the chance to meet him. I have no idea what I will get him to sign I don't own any silver age comics.. Any suggestions?

Jim Cheung is another person I'm looking forward to meet I love his art work and is by far one of my favourite artists to date! Also hoping to meet Tony Moore and Emanuela Lupacchino I'm so psyched for this!
blasto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #2
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I know i cant believe i will finally get to meet Stan Lee. I am taking my spiderman PF for him to sign. Maybe you should take a statue.

I am going up on Saturday. Again like you, i never thought i would meet Stan.

I would like to try and get a Bolland piece.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
blasto14

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
I know i cant believe i will finally get to meet Stan Lee. I am taking my spiderman PF for him to sign. Maybe you should take a statue.

I am going up on Saturday. Again like you, i never thought i would meet Stan.

I would like to try and get a Bolland piece.
I honestly thought I would never get the chance. I was thinking about taking my bowen bust Spider-man to be signed but I kinda want something I can put on the wall.

I'm staying for the weekend just too make sure I get everything I want in. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Bolland was at Kapow and I remember his line being huge. I might take my Killing Joke with me just too be signed.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Cheers i will, i have only bought a saturday ticket so i have a lot to get done in one day.

I kinda agree i want something i can hang on the wall from Stan. Although i would love to get my spidey pf signed.
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Here's a spaniard that will be flying to the con. Stan Lee being announced made me book plane tickets 5 minutes after finding out he'll be there. One thing I expect is we will mostly be waiting a loooooooong line to get to him, will probably be at the door at 4 or 5 in the morning as i'd like to see something of the con itself too.

I've decided i'm bringing an original page i have from the Stan Lee meeets doctor strange comic book in which we can see Stan in several panels. Also, IF (that's a big if) a commission I ordered gets finished in time I will be bringing it for him to sign too (it'd be a piece featuring Stan and some of his creations)
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto14 View Post
Bolland was at Kapow and I remember his line being huge. I might take my Killing Joke with me just too be signed.
Bolland line ended up being not SO long for sketches. The problem was he was so slow doing them plus had many meetings and stuff, resulting in him only doing a handful of pieces. I got lucky I ended up with a Joker head from him (i think it was 100 pounds, not cheap to be true)
Old 01-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
abarron
Batman

The guest list is shaping up nicely but i can't afford to go.

Maybe next time
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Btw, David Petersem is accepting commissions to be delivered at the con, at 130 GBP per piece, and will be doing small sketches (just 1 mouse holding one item or so) at 40 GBP. I'll probably pass but if anyone's interested there's the chance :-)
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
blasto14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandil View Post
Btw, David Petersem is accepting commissions to be delivered at the con, at 130 GBP per piece, and will be doing small sketches (just 1 mouse holding one item or so) at 40 GBP. I'll probably pass but if anyone's interested there's the chance :-)
Thanks for the info! Would like a small sketch on him but my money is stretched already (hoping for a Jim Cheung) so I'll probably give it a miss
Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

I'd like a Cheung myself, but already set up a few other comissions, plus I have to make my monthly saving for a painting i'm getting this year.