Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-24-2020, 02:01 AM   #731
Gruson
Suicide Squad

JJ and Kennedy are to blame just as much as Rian. Star Wars sequels should have had Luke, Leia, Han, and the gang together again and then pass the series off at the end of the trilogy to new characters.

Rey, Finn, and Poe were ok but come on, it’s Star Wars and we deserved so much more with this trilogy. Not memorable at all.

Thankfully Mandalorian is just awesome awesome awesome Star Wars. 👍🏻
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:02 AM   #732
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
As much fun as these ideas and script might sound if they are truly what Mr. Trevorrow was working towards then to me it is blindingly obvious why Kathleen Kennedy fired him and tried as best she could to stay true to what George Lucas loved and most of all to the heart and soul of Star Wars.

These all look pretty rad too.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...lin-trevorrow/
The only thing that made the new trilogy feel like the old Star Wars was the original cast, everything about this trilogy had nothing to do with George Lucas vision, even he said the story Abrams came up with wasn't original at all and borrowed heavily from the original trilogy, Lucas pretty much implied he was disappointed with what Kennedy/Abrams did with his franchise.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #733
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
As much fun as these ideas and script might sound if they are truly what Mr. Trevorrow was working towards then to me it is blindingly obvious why Kathleen Kennedy fired him and tried as best she could to stay true to what George Lucas loved and most of all to the heart and soul of Star Wars.

These all look pretty rad too.
https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...lin-trevorrow/
im not sure I understand your comment, do you mean JJs episode 9 or Colin's episode 9 are more true to Georges vision?

after seeing all these concept arts and ideas...it kinda makes me wish they just continued with the Kylo Ren being the big bad, they could have done a lot with that and made Kylo truly menacing. I really like the idea of him being at the Jedi temple and all the other Corscant scenes. As much as I did love seeing Palpatine back, it did feel kind of empty in retrospect and shoehorned in, looks like Colins version would have been much more original, and it still would have had a small cameo from Palpatine (sith holocron) Also if Rey turned to the dark side that would have been cool, I was hoping to see that at some point.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:19 PM   #734
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
im not sure I understand your comment, do you mean JJs episode 9 or Colin's episode 9 are more true to Georges vision?

after seeing all these concept arts and ideas...it kinda makes me wish they just continued with the Kylo Ren being the big bad, they could have done a lot with that and made Kylo truly menacing. I really like the idea of him being at the Jedi temple and all the other Corscant scenes. As much as I did love seeing Palpatine back, it did feel kind of empty in retrospect and shoehorned in, looks like Colins version would have been much more original, and it still would have had a small cameo from Palpatine (sith holocron) Also if Rey turned to the dark side that would have been cool, I was hoping to see that at some point.
JJ's. No matter how it came out or who believes it Kennedy has tried her best to be true to what Star Wars has always been.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 09:27 PM   #735
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
JJ's. No matter how it came out or who believes it Kennedy has tried her best to be true to what Star Wars has always been.
By dumping decades' worth of material that Lucas approved?

The premise of this new trilogy doesn't even make sense. The good guys call themselves "The Resistance". What are they resisting? They are part of the Republic, which means that they're the status quo!
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:43 PM   #736
qz33
Rescue

Definitely
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #737
Python
Omega Red

I really.... Really disliked TLJ, so I certainly haven't rushed to see this one. Heard a few spoilers, it's unavoidable. And I've heard plenty of mixed opinions, mostly bad. But then most people don't like The Phantom Menace and I really do. So I've tried to keep an open mind and I've definitely not got my expectations up. My Blu ray has finally arrived today so I'm going in.....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:36 PM   #738
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

It’s interesting how most movie fans loved ROS (just check rotten tomatoes) , but many (maybe not most) big Star Wars fans typically of the older age group who were there for the original trilogy wont be satisfied no matter what. If it’s one of the 9 episodes, they can never be content, whether it be George, JJ or Rian making the decisions and no matter how good a movie it is because it can never match their personal desires for what the movies should be. Just an observation.
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:58 AM   #739
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdrive21 View Post
It’s interesting how most movie fans loved ROS (just check rotten tomatoes) , but many (maybe not most) big Star Wars fans typically of the older age group who were there for the original trilogy wont be satisfied no matter what. If it’s one of the 9 episodes, they can never be content, whether it be George, JJ or Rian making the decisions and no matter how good a movie it is because it can never match their personal desires for what the movies should be. Just an observation.

I think the biggest issue was the original Star Wars was a story about the Skywalker family, the first 3 movies being about Anakin and the rest were supposed to be about Luke, but Kathleen Kennedy decided she wanted to make it about girls, so she turned Luke into a loser who basically kills himself on an island and has Rey change her name to Skywalker so that she could be the savior of the Jedi instead of Luke... Even though she's not really a Skywalker in Kennedy's mind she took the name so the prophecy of a Skywalker saving the galaxy still applied...

Look Kennedy turned Star Wars into a feminist joke... It's all she cared about, she could careless about the franchise as long as she got her way... and when Directors refused to go along she fired them...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:50 AM   #740
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightdrive21 View Post
"Never be satisfied"

*Looks at reaction to Mandalorian Season 2, Episode 8*

Feels like 98% of folks were satisfied with that Star Wars.

It isn't impossible or honestly that hard to make Star Wars fans happy, Mandalorian isn't high art, it's a lot of fun and weaves new and old characters with care.

I feel like the show was planned out with a clear goal, while the movies felt slapped together and reactionary to responses.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote