Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #271
junta
Fantastic Four

I found the new trailer awesome! I can't wait for the movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uilJZZ_iVwY
junta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #272
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
"Just say the word...." Lol. Great choice of actor by WBDC to bring attention and interest to the property. I would also suggest that an African American Billy Batson would be a case where a potential race change would be accepted. Unfortunately an underprivileged African American boy would be reflective social realities as many see them in the United States; not to say for a second that there are not children from all races living in poverty.

Either way though I am excited about the prospects that this franchise presents.
This would play into the American stereotype, but not the American reality. There are more whites living in poverty than any other group in America. #USCensus
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #273
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Not a fan of the character...maybe I'll watch when it comes to PPV on cable...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #274
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

This movie looks on point. About time DC did it right. The last time I looked forward to seeing a DC live action was The Dark Knight Rises. That was 7 years ago. I won't be visiting any cinema to watch it. I don't bother doing that with superhero movies any more. But I will definitely watch it.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:55 AM   #275
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Not a fan of the character...maybe I'll watch when it comes to PPV on cable...
Not a fan of the actor or the character. I’ll watch it when it becomes free.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #276
built2shred
Phoenix

Yeah this is defiantly a rental movie... based on the trailers I've seen so far anyways.. It probably should of went direct to DVD instead of the theaters...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #277
adee
Green Arrow

I dunno I think it looks fun. I always liked the Captain Marvel concept and it looks like a nice break from all the dark DC movies.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:30 PM   #278
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Yeah this is defiantly a rental movie... based on the trailers I've seen so far anyways.. It probably should of went direct to DVD instead of the theaters...
Geez!! Do you just hate on everything Captain Marvel, regardless of origin, gender or publishing house?? You're entitled to your opinion and all, but maybe you could lighten up a wee bit. It's SUPPOSED to be a goof. Do you get this wound up over the Deadpool franchise (which is adult goof and aimed at an older crowd as opposed to SHAZAM!)? Not all comic-dom is grim. Not attacking you, per se, just perplexed by the negativity. Oh and uh... you might want to check that spell check thing on "definitely" again. Just sayin'... Just effing with you.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #279
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Captain Marvel always has this feeling of even more goofy boy scout than Superman. lol

Geoff's take was not like that though, actually quite the opposite, he was such a goofy brat,a handful and film seems heavly influanced with Geoff's take rather then silver age or anything ( and i have to admit, i only read Geoff's take) I don't know how he was back then as well, but there is a new DC Shazam deluxe collection on the way with Captain Marvel and i will definetly get it. Especially to see how was Black Adam, 'cause i'm a big Black Adam fan.
I remember reading Geoff Johns' Shazam as a backup story in Justice League years ago and this indeed seems to be how the movie portrays him. It's how the character has been ever since so clearly DC felt the movie should reflect how the character currently is rather than how he was decades ago. It's the same debate with Marvel's Captain Marvel film where older fans who haven't read any of the recent comics about the characters disagree with the directions of the movies because they're too contemporary.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #280
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I remember reading Geoff Johns' Shazam as a backup story in Justice League years ago and this indeed seems to be how the movie portrays him. It's how the character has been ever since so clearly DC felt the movie should reflect how the character currently is rather than how he was decades ago. It's the same debate with Marvel's Captain Marvel film where older fans who haven't read any of the recent comics about the characters disagree with the directions of the movies because they're too contemporary.
I view this incarnation of Captain Marvel/SHAZAM as a bit of an amalgam of the old Big Red Cheese and John's updated take on the character. Gone are Mister Talky Tawny (although there was an homage to him as a caged zoo tiger in a panel or two) and likely Mister Mind and other staples, in favor of a more realistic take on Billy Batson. Even the orphanage scenes in the trailer were in-keeping with the John's stuff. I had no real problem with the refresh years ago, but I still have a warm spot for the World's Mightiest Mortal of old (he will always be Captain Marvel to me even though DC threw in the legal towel years ago and went all in with the Shazam moniker). I think I'll just kick back with some artificially buttered, overpriced popcorn and enjoy the big screen ride!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote