Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 07-12-2006, 06:41 AM   #11
RickDTM
Master Painter
Painter

Nah, no gloves CB. I just keep my fingers wet when I'm working the putty in initially.

My personal fav is the "natural" color. It's slightly translucent, and if you tilt the piece into the light you can see if there is an edge you need to work. Because of that I rarely do any sanding on a putty job.
RickDTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:13 AM   #12
Comicboy
Deadman

The talcum did the trick! I've been playing all night. My Black Rider is now ready to prime! Well pretty close. I added some minor mods, I gave him a bandanna/mask, squared off his belt buckle, and added a knot with some ties on the back of the mask. I'll tell you what, I don't want to work on bandannas again any time soon. What a PITA! Second or third time I use Aves and I try something paper thin. I'm a glutton for punishment. It turned out ok though. I want to fix up along the edges of the mask first before I prime it. It has to set-up for awhile before I do that though. Those fabric folds are fun too. I'm not working on anything that requires thin or folding for awhile. Now I need to find me a scale rifle to sling on his back and I'll be happy as a clam.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote