Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 09-07-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
shaneandhisdog
Doh!

Getting my sculpt replicated?

Hi Guys,
May I first say how impressed I am with the quality of this forum, not just for the outstanding works in progress and finished sculpts but also for the professionalism and sense of community between members.

Right, down to the nitty gritty then!

Basically I haven't sculpted since I was 16 (7 years ago) and am now looking to get back into it, I have the materials (including some shiney new Sculpey Firm Gray) and am just about ready to start, but what I really want to do is be able to make multiple copies of my pieces to sell on or give out as gifts.

What I've gathered from a few weeks research is that it seems to take almost as much time, effort and money to make a replica as it does to produce the actual piece!

So are there companies that can do this for you (preferabley in the UK)?

What sort of prices would I be looking at?

What kind of profit would I make?

I assume these services do exist as I've noticed a fair few people on these forums selling copies of their sculpts to a lot of people (a Thundercats commision thread brought my attention to this).

Hopefully you guys can help, cause although it would be cool to have a room full of OOAK sculpts I just want to spread the joy!

(Think my first piece will be a SSJ3 Son Goku -I'll keep you posted)

Last edited by shaneandhisdog; 09-12-2006 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Felt title didn't give any information
shaneandhisdog is offline   Reply With Quote