Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #3491
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
I don't think it's dead. MOTU sold well, it would be foolish to stop.
If it sold that well it wouldn’t be on hiatus. The line is indeed great but facts are facts. Hordak was teased forever...now we get “support us and we might get the green light”

Sideshow wouldn’t pass the line to tweeterhead either if the line was that successful.

Doesn’t add up.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:59 PM   #3492
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
If it sold that well it wouldn’t be on hiatus. The line is indeed great but facts are facts. Hordak was teased forever...now we get “support us and we might get the green light”

Sideshow wouldn’t pass the line to tweeterhead either if the line was that successful.

Doesn’t add up.
Skeletor
4000 ES reg - Sold out
2500 ES Ex - Sold out

Seems like it sold well to me?

I imagine it's more that Sideshow didn't have faith in the other characters and decided to offload the line to Tweeterhead.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:09 AM   #3493
gomur
The Tick

I don't always use social media, but I did sent a Facebook brief message to both Tweeterhead and Mattel. Even attached a display pic to show the love. C'mon guys. It doesn't take long and it might make a difference.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:58 AM   #3494
koolkollectible
The Spirit

Here's my video review of the statue if you'd like to have a closer look!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQsXcD1gVes
koolkollectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #3495
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Skeletor
4000 ES reg - Sold out
2500 ES Ex - Sold out

Seems like it sold well to me?

I imagine it's more that Sideshow didn't have faith in the other characters and decided to offload the line to Tweeterhead.
Did you forget about Evil-Lyn and She-Ra?
And just because something sold out doesn’t mean it was a success. You need to look at how long it took to sell out, if it sold with discounts, etc. I could be wrong but I recall He-Man being discounted. She-Ra and Classic Evil-Lyn are def being offered with discount and free shipping.

Oh the first Supergirl PF sold out as well...just saying.
If this line was a smash hit we would’ve seen Hordak and Trap-Jaw at the very least by now.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #3496
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Did you forget about Evil-Lyn and She-Ra?
And just because something sold out doesn’t mean it was a success. You need to look at how long it took to sell out, if it sold with discounts, etc. I could be wrong but I recall He-Man being discounted. She-Ra and Classic Evil-Lyn are def being offered with discount and free shipping.

Oh the first Supergirl PF sold out as well...just saying.
If this line was a smash hit we would’ve seen Hordak and Trap-Jaw at the very least by now.
Maybe the issue is they are reading the forums and seeing what people are asking for. I personally have no interest in Trap-Jaw and Hordak. I would rather see Beastman, Man-E-Faces or the Sorceress. Maybe they don't want to make flop characters because the community is divided on which ones they want.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #3497
martineaumichae
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Maybe the issue is they are reading the forums and seeing what people are asking for. I personally have no interest in Trap-Jaw and Hordak. I would rather see Beastman, Man-E-Faces or the Sorceress. Maybe they don't want to make flop characters because the community is divided on which ones they want.
I kind of have to agree with you Incrysis, I mean other than the obvious Skelator and He-Man everyone wants someone different. All through the hundreds of pages on here I have seen every characters name been said that they would want and wouldn't want. People wanted evil-lynn until she was announced and then thought other characters would be better, then hated on her saying they should redo her then sideshow does and people complain saying they never should have remade her, rather than make a different one. Then Sha-RA, now Orko.

Don't get me wrong everyone has valid points, but with so many different POV and so many different characters over the MOTU series, they probably have know idea what would be successful...
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:57 PM   #3498
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Honestly I don't think SS really cares enough to take the collectors feedback on this forum or Freaks. There have been so many missteps just this year with their products and fan feedback where other company's have listened to the feedback. XM, P1 and Tweaterhead have gone well above and beyond what they have to do as a company to keep its collectors happy. I can't say SS has done a thing this year except frown or make passing comments on our displeasure when they show off mistakes. An example, Lion-O, Batman and the Marvel chicks. You're never going to please everyone but if you're going to make simple mistakes that tick an overwhelming portion of your collectors off over and over again and not learn from it why bother being in the business.

If company's don't want to risk releasing lesser known but fan favorite characters they should just go the route of IA with their LOC Transformers line. Nothing wrong with doing 1/4 big names but release the lesser in a 1/6 line so they can be displayed together.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #3499
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I don't always use social media, but I did sent a Facebook brief message to both Tweeterhead and Mattel. Even attached a display pic to show the love. C'mon guys. It doesn't take long and it might make a difference.
Great point and as just another MOTU fan looking to see this line continue, thank you for doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Considering how they also seem to have partnered with Prime 1 to produce the New 52 Cyborg (correct me if I'm wrong somebody), maybe SSC is starting to pull back from making statues and focusing more on directing and the distributing side of things?
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #3500
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Honestly I don't think SS really cares enough to take the collectors feedback on this forum or Freaks. There have been so many missteps just this year with their products and fan feedback where other company's have listened to the feedback. XM, P1 and Tweaterhead have gone well above and beyond what they have to do as a company to keep its collectors happy. I can't say SS has done a thing this year except frown or make passing comments on our displeasure when they show off mistakes. An example, Lion-O, Batman and the Marvel chicks. You're never going to please everyone but if you're going to make simple mistakes that tick an overwhelming portion of your collectors off over and over again and not learn from it why bother being in the business.

If company's don't want to risk releasing lesser known but fan favorite characters they should just go the route of IA with their LOC Transformers line. Nothing wrong with doing 1/4 big names but release the lesser in a 1/6 line so they can be displayed together.
Yeah overall I'd have to agree, and the strange thing is Sideshow does a live Facebook show all the time which is of course a way to interact with your customers.

I guess maybe it's not a surprise that they listen the least though, because their designs don't tend to be completely aligned to the source material. I would imagine the people who take the most artistic freedoms are going to be the least responsive to ideas/criticism. Where as companies like XM/P1 on the whole are making statues that very much align with certain movies, comics, etc.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote