Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #641
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The COTD was not a bad looking piece tho, but I can understand not caring about it as we want our X-men.

People kept saying the shadow teasers are revealed pretty quick, but being COVID life, I knew it wasn't going to be. March seems to be about right, tho they can throw a wrench and do Hulk vs Hulk Maquette first.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #642
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I'm so tired of Rona being the excuse for slow product reveal. I can understand slowing down getting pieces in hand due to factory production/paints. However, since Sideshow preps their pieces in-house for their blogs and releases there is little reason they can't be showing pieces with regularity.

Other companies are dropping new pieces significantly faster than Sideshow these days.

Just hope Sideshow wants to ring in their birthday with a big crack of lightning
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 12:21 PM   #643
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I say this lovingly for all of the Storm lovers out there - this thread is like the boy who cries wolf. When the statue is actually revealed, I won't know because this thread is commented on so much (with just speculation) that I tend not to click on it anymore. I appreciate the passion but can we wait for an actual reveal?
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #644
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh lord, SDCC is canceled again. This means we have to endure another long week with Sideshow. Lord sweet baby Jesus in a golden fleece diaper please give us the Storm release before the SDCC "event".
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:34 PM   #645
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh lord, SDCC is canceled again. This means we have to endure another long week with Sideshow. Lord sweet baby Jesus in a golden fleece diaper please give us the Storm release before the SDCC "event".
Oh crap, this might mean they’re gonna hold off revealing her and Powergirl until the online SDCC event. Ugh....
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #646
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Ugh. I didn't think they'd have it this year anyway, but I'm not looking forward to Sideshow's nonsense event again.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #647
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Ugh. I didn't think they'd have it this year anyway, but I'm not looking forward to Sideshow's nonsense event again.
I don't mind the content, it's the length. A week is way too long for what they show.

Still think they should give some sort of preview for what the week will hold: 2x X-Men PF, 2x Batman PF, 1x Avengers 1/5, 2x Star Wars mythos, etc. Adding details like new/repeat, male/female, hero/villain would be even better.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:58 PM   #648
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I’ll just keep binge watching Kitboga’s YouTube channel to entertain myself until the Storm reveal.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:38 PM   #649
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I say this lovingly for all of the Storm lovers out there - this thread is like the boy who cries wolf. When the statue is actually revealed, I won't know because this thread is commented on so much (with just speculation) that I tend not to click on it anymore. I appreciate the passion but can we wait for an actual reveal?
No.

When the statue is revealed I’m sure it will be done so on the actual site that does the reveals. No doubt Storm will have an email sent out as well. This thread won’t stop you from knowing.

What you’re asking is for people to stop talking in a thread on a discussion forum to cater to what you specifically want.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:40 PM   #650
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
So still no Storm reveal, it's now March.
It sucks, but it’s really not unusual for SS to do a partial reveal for 12 Days and you don’t see the product until much later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It doesn't surprise me. People are bored. It's been over two months already since they teased her and the only thing they've revealed is that boring COTD piece and yet another Spider-Man.
I’m super excited to see this Storm but I was ALL FOR THAT SPIDER-MAN. Always will be lol.

I love it though. That one persons “all they showed was that” is another person’s highly anticipated piece lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote