Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #3881
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I had the opportunity to fulfill my wait-list order for this piece. However I am happy I came to my senses and decided not to. As nice as this Juggernaut Maquette is, its just way overpriced for a 1/4 Statue with no switch outs.

The 1/3 pieces that Prime 1 PCS etc are putting out, are not only bigger but they are less $$$ with switch outs and unbelievable detail. Therefore it wasn't much of a challenge to decide not to pull the trigger on this piece.

Congrats to those who decided to got him though.
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #3882
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah this one's going to be tricky on the aftermarket, it's going to depend on if XM decides to do a 1/4 and how good it is. If he's the only one available I could see him increasing in value despite the crazy price. Yeah I agree he's not a great deal compared to some P1 pieces, but he's also much more wanted as a character to me than those.

Look at XM Scorpion, I know he's much smaller ES but it shows how in demand some lower tier characters are if they are done well and are the only one available.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #3883
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

nice looking statue, but cost including shipping to east coast will be $1500. Just cant bring myself to buy it given the sculpt is pretty simple (not a criticism of the statue just the nature of the character).

I know if i buy this and a nicer one comes along later, i will lose at least $500 or more if i try to sell it.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #3884
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

dup....
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 02:27 AM   #3885
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueBandit View Post
I had the opportunity to fulfill my wait-list order for this piece. However I am happy I came to my senses and decided not to. As nice as this Juggernaut Maquette is, its just way overpriced for a 1/4 Statue with no switch outs.
Good choice imo, now just wait for the next one.

Chris
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #3886
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
Good choice imo, now just wait for the next one.

Chris
I love it! lol
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:39 PM   #3887
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This Juggernaut is a great piece. I've watched many reviews and would like to pick this up at some point. But this piece is $1390 or $1350 for those not on the waitlist.

So what is out there for less? How about most of the 1/3 pieces from Prime 1.

40" tall and under $1K.

Or maybe you like Superman in Black (sorry waitlist for the regular dude). 42" tall and under $1K.

Or Harley at 36" for $1099?

But ultimately yes we are buying the characters we want and not just basing things on price. But my point is Juggs is one of the worst statue values out there. And you even get hit with no art box. Yeah. Still a great sculpt and art direction for Juggernaut and on my wish list. Just won't pay that Sideshow tax.

I would really like to see someone put Juggs next to an actual 1/3 piece for comparison out of curiousity.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 07:50 PM   #3888
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This Juggernaut is a great piece. I've watched many reviews and would like to pick this up at some point. But this piece is $1390 or $1350 for those not on the waitlist.

40" tall and under $1K.

Or maybe you like Superman in Black (sorry waitlist for the regular dude). 42" tall and under $1K.

Or Harley at 36" for $1099?

But ultimately yes we are buying the characters we want and not just basing things on price. But my point is Juggs is one of the worst statue values out there. And you even get hit with no art box. Yeah. Still a great sculpt and art direction for Juggernaut and on my wish list. Just won't pay that Sideshow tax.

I would really like to see someone put Juggs next to an actual 1/3 piece for comparison out of curiousity.
I just got mine in today. I'm unboxing him a bit later and placing him next to my Prime 1 Swamp Thing so I'll try to post picture later this, evening
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #3889
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post

Yeah, I just PO'd that huge TDKR Superman and it's $400 less than Juggs. Great statue, but probably should have been around $1050. People don't care since the EX is on WL.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:41 PM   #3890
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Yep all amazing statues and a much better value in comparison...but another Batman, another Superman, another Harley...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote