Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-13-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
Sunjata
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Location: NYC-"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh or they'll kill you."-George Bernard Shaw
Doctor Who

Are there any Doctor Who fans here looking forward to the new version which begins this Friday (3/17 @ 9:00 PM) on the Sci-Fi Channel?

I started watching the good Doctor many years ago when they started broadcasting the Tom Baker episodes here in the states.

I already saw some of the episodes of new version and liked what I saw. I am looking forward to seeing the whole first season of this new version of Doctor Who.
Sunjata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Wow, there is a blast from the past. I will tune in if I remember.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I've only seen a handful of the old series aired on PBS. I am looking foward to this show and possibly becoming a fan. I'm looking for a new show to get hooked on.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #4
Sunjata

Location: NYC-"If you tell people the truth, make them laugh or they'll kill you."-George Bernard Shaw
Just remember this show is an acquired taste. If you enjoy the quirkiness of British television and don’t mine that the special effects don’t equal Hollywood’s best, you may really enjoy it.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:19 AM   #5
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Its pretty good, the effects are good for the BBC too!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:32 AM   #6
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I've been a Doctor Who fan for ages, and I really enjoyed the new series. It's nothing like the old series. It's shot, edited and written in a different way. The effects and sets are much better as well. I'm eagerly anticipating the second new series.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:52 AM   #7
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

I wish Chris had stayed as the new Doc. I thought the way he played him as a dark person was great.
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
Sunjata

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division
I wish Chris had stayed as the new Doc. I thought the way he played him as a dark person was great.
I agree. I already saw about five of the new episodes and he was a great Doctor. I was sorry to hear that he left the show. The new guy they cast for the second season looks so young. I don't know if he can pull it off.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
JLM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunjata
I agree. I already saw about five of the new episodes and he was a great Doctor. I was sorry to hear that he left the show. The new guy they cast for the second season looks so young. I don't know if he can pull it off.
I don't know if you saw the first Tennant story, "The Christmas Invasion", but I think he's going to be great as the new Doctor. He was ace in that and had a few dark moments ("No second chances" and "Six words"). Won't say anymore, as I don't want to spoil anything for you. I'm really looking forward to the new season - think it'll be even better.
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
Sunjata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan74
I don't know if you saw the first Tennant story, "The Christmas Invasion", but I think he's going to be great as the new Doctor. He was ace in that and had a few dark moments ("No second chances" and "Six words"). Won't say anymore, as I don't want to spoil anything for you. I'm really looking forward to the new season - think it'll be even better.
I haven’t seen David Tennant’s work on the show but your comments have help to put my mind at ease. Now I think that he might make a good Doctor. I will certainly give him a chance to show what he’s got.