Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-25-2020, 09:08 AM   #26921
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I love the Scream movies too. Though, I have to admit I didn't even realize there was a Scream 4.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 10:32 AM   #26922
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
The first Scream was so much fun. I still love that movie. Jumps, some gore, and a whole lotta fun.
thats really what it boils down to with Scream, jumps, gore and fun, doesnt get better than that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I love the Scream movies too. Though, I have to admit I didn't even realize there was a Scream 4.
its worth checking out if you've seen the others. Many fans say its better than part 3 but I wouldn't agree with that. Scream 5 is also in production, I hope it ends up being as good as the first couple
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:46 PM   #26923
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Just Mercy (2019) - World-renowned civil rights defense attorney Bryan Stevenson works to free a wrongly condemned death row prisoner.

Standard albeit well made Hollywood biographical legal drama. I wouldn't rave about it, but the star power here isn't wasted. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:39 AM   #26924
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Superman - Man of Tomorrow 7/10 Simple and clean animation but the story falls flat imo
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #26925
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Had a Stuart Gordon film night yesterday (director of Re-Animator, From Beyond, Dolls to name a few)

Castle Freak (1995) - I was expecting this movie to be awful as it didnt have great reviews, but I really enjoyed it. It reunites Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton again (they co-starred in Re-Animator and From Beyond) Its about a woman who lives in an old castle in Italy, due to abandonment issues with her husband she decides to chain up and torture their son for forty years until she passes away and a new family inherits the castle. The now adult child who is hideously deformed from years of torture and starvation breaks out of his cell and decides to take revenge on anyone who he encounters. The setting was awesome, it was a real castle in Italy that they used and it worked extremely well for the movie. The creature and gore effects were top notch, especially the gore, and there was never a dull moment - 8.5/10

Dagon (2001) - This is another inspired by HP Lovecraft movie, its about a town full of people who over the years have evolved into a fish like race after they were tricked into worshipping Dagon, an ancient water God. The town itself was really well done, many of the buildings were flooded, it was constantly raining, they did a really great job of showing a realistic environment where these people would live. It seems the budget may have run short near the end of the movie as the final scenes have a lot of really poor makeup effects compared to the earlier scenes in town. The main character survived through lots of things that would have killed him which kinda took me out of the movie a bit as it felt really unrealistic (even for a movie about a bunch of fish people) but overall I quite enjoyed the movie, the story was really interesting and the conclusion was satisfying - 7/10
Castle Freak is a cult classic for me. I only watch it after having a couple of drinks though as it is quite awful (in a good way) in some parts.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:46 AM   #26926
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze (1975)

Never even knew this movie existed until I came across it the other day. Now it is 1975 and pretty goofie in a lot of parts....but it kept my attention and I couldn't look away.

Maybe I am just starved for something new to me to watch. It reminds me a lot of some of the old Westerns I watched as a kid. There are lots of scenes that are over the top and the music is sometimes a musical quartet singing the plotline as the characters go through it. LOL

Like I said goofy but enjoyable for a 45 year old movie.

7/10

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #26927
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze (1975)

Like I said goofy but enjoyable for a 35 year old movie.

7/10
It's actually 45 years old.....
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #26928
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
It's actually 45 years old.....
Ugh, my brain is not working today. I was 4 when it came out and I would rather be 39 than 49. LOL

Fixed it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:23 AM   #26929
Python
Omega Red

Joker 6/10

It was alright, I went into this with very high expectations for obvious reason. What I found was an predictable movie that was less subtle than I expected. We've seen many versions of the Joker, some are far too exaggerated. This one is too far in the opposite direction that it didn't work for me. I think Heath Ledger just nailed this character and found the perfect balance. He was genuinely dangerous and unhinged. Phoenix acted excellently in this as he always does, but the Joker character written for him just couldn't hold a candle to the hard act it had the unenvious task of following. Kudos to them for trying however, it was certainly different, beautifully shot also I must say.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #26930
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

The Aeronauts 9/10
I liked that very much.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote