Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-19-2020, 11:17 AM   #1411
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I need one. Who is selling?
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:11 AM   #1412
aoh2
Fantastic Four

Hi everyone,

Thought i might share this with you all.

I wasn't expecting this, was gently using a soft brush to wipe away any dust from this statue. I was wiping dust off of one superman portrait, when some of the paint from his hair peeled off (from using a soft brush) (refer to image). Note that this is not the first time, with another prime 1 statue I had. So steering away from prime 1.

I could just paint it and no fuss anyways.

But makes me question whether this problem could happen with other statues from other companies such as XM studios - that paint can peel off at any time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	superman portrait paint peeling off.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	133116  
aoh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:42 AM   #1413
GhostAsparagus
Frackin!

Pretty bummed my stupid collector brain didn't decide to want this one until almost a whole year after it wasn't available anymore. I say this 80% facetiously, but this is the kind of piece I wish they'd just release an "No-Edition-Number No-Extra-Heads $200-Extra You-Were-Too-Slow LOSER" Edition so I wouldn't have to sigh forlornly at ebay. Might just have to look at the Recovery suit version now.
GhostAsparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:52 PM   #1414
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostAsparagus View Post
Pretty bummed my stupid collector brain didn't decide to want this one until almost a whole year after it wasn't available anymore. I say this 80% facetiously, but this is the kind of piece I wish they'd just release an "No-Edition-Number No-Extra-Heads $200-Extra You-Were-Too-Slow LOSER" Edition so I wouldn't have to sigh forlornly at ebay. Might just have to look at the Recovery suit version now.
Lol, I let my stupid collector brain pull that $h!t on me once with the SS Sabretooth and it was the last time. Don't wait too long on recovery suit as I'm sure same thing will happen.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #1415
risingstar
Jedi Order

If you didn't want it then, chances are you do not really want it now so what has changed? My guess is that it's the ability to say "I have it" while others present as envious of your acquisition. Surely, your interest is in collecting statues far more than it is in collecting approvals from random internet strangers. Just something to consider thinking about whenever you find yourself feeling something similar again. Incidentally, the fear of missing out is a real type anxiety. I see it all the time. It's another approval rating you do not really need either.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #1416
BurningRage
Inhumans

Hype collecting is a major part of this hobby.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 06:28 AM   #1417
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Recovery suit aka Black Suit Superman is a most underrated piece. Curious to see if interest increases after the Snyder cut Batman movie and realize how awesome this character version looks. It is a beast!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:57 AM   #1418
GhostAsparagus
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
If you didn't want it then, chances are you do not really want it now so what has changed? My guess is that it's the ability to say "I have it" while others present as envious of your acquisition. Surely, your interest is in collecting statues far more than it is in collecting approvals from random internet strangers. Just something to consider thinking about whenever you find yourself feeling something similar again. Incidentally, the fear of missing out is a real type anxiety. I see it all the time. It's another approval rating you do not really need either.
Good points. I've been lucky in that big majority of the pieces in my collection I didn't regret getting even during a FOMO phase, but this one would be by far the most expensive misstep if that wasn't the case this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Recovery suit aka Black Suit Superman is a most underrated piece. Curious to see if interest increases after the Snyder cut Batman movie and realize how awesome this character version looks. It is a beast!
He really does look great. I may just have to decide whether I would want this to be "the" single Superman representation in my collection instead of a red/blue of some kind.
GhostAsparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:39 PM   #1419
Vader
Ghost

It's a space issue for sure. too much good stuff and the base is huge.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:22 PM   #1420
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Good points. I've been lucky in that big majority of the pieces in my collection I didn't regret getting even during a FOMO phase, but this one would be by far the most expensive misstep if that wasn't the case this time...

He really does look great. I may just have to decide whether I would want this to be "the" single Superman representation in my collection instead of a red/blue of some kind.
This may not be the red/blue superman, but I have yet to see a better version of this character. Statue companies will continue to pump out the red/blue so I think in time you will find that, but another black suit of this caliber time can only tell.

Sideshow had this piece for awhile in stock but it just recently went to Waitlist. Good luck!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote