Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 09-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #11
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Looks cool enough but not something I'd get.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #12
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Easiest pass of the year!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #13
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Only after reading the comments realized where this was from, totally forgot about her iron scene from Endgame.

Perhaps its more popular in Asia, but if not, this is a miss unfortunately. Time/effort/resources should be used on other statues...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:24 PM   #14
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I'm still waiting for Vision to go up for preorder, that's taking forever....
But yeah strange choice for a new bust. I want to see more photos of it before I write it off.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #15
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
Why would I want to be reminded by one of the worst, tone deaf SJW scenes in all of cinematic history?

That girl power scene was a travesty.
That's a lot of incessant whining from a big, strong man. What a baby.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:13 PM   #16
laproblematique
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Ha, do you think they lined up by labia size?

The scene (and movie) blew.
laproblematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:30 PM   #17
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Yup.

I thought they could’ve done the scene better, but at the same time.... who cares it lasts all of a few seconds in a 3 hours film. Heck the only reason I think about it is when certain people take offence to it for whatever reason.

I really liked Endgame, but if I’m being honest I preferred Infinity War.. by how much?, sometimes by quite a bit and other times not by very much.

It’s pretty much the same with the Brie Larson/Captain Marvel film. I liked it, but at the same time I personally rank it somewhere half way down the the list of MCU films. Whereas you’ll have ‘some’ who rank it dead last, not because they legitimately didn’t like the film for whatever reason/s but because of some ill advised comments by the actor. Ill advised given to whom the majority of film goers for superhero movies are. I read the actual quotes rather than certain articles and I didn’t really get the hate either, but then again I’m not part of a target audience who has become quite sensitive to such things recently.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #18
NotGwen
Justice League

Always find it hilarious when I read comments regarding that scene from Endgame, Captain Marvel, or Birds of Prey from people who simply cannot stand the females getting attention.

Speaking on this piece though, I have no doubt QS will knock this out of the park but can only imagine the most hardcore of Ironman collectors being the only ones interested in picking this up.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #19
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGwen View Post
Always find it hilarious when I read comments regarding that scene from Endgame, Captain Marvel, or Birds of Prey from people who simply cannot stand the females getting attention.

Speaking on this piece though, I have no doubt QS will knock this out of the park but can only imagine the most hardcore of Ironman collectors being the only ones interested in picking this up.
I don’t get it either really. When I was a teen, the Buffy series was quite popular and no one really complained back then as she (and Willow etc) was the epitome of female empowerment......but then again social media didn’t really exist back then. And the Mary Sue argument which gets thrown around a lot, while not exactly incorrect has always been funny to me, as it doesn’t seem to apply when every second male action vehicle or superhero is not all that different.

I would’ve only considered this piece if they had the Gwyneth portrait with the faceplate up at least. But then again I’ve read a lot of ‘people’ don’t like her either, and may have turned off more people than it would have gained.

But unfortunately I applied the same rule to the Captain Marvel bust, which is part of the reason why I didn’t get that one either. Maybe they’ll do an Endgame version. But I’m sort of holding out to see if the eventual? Captain Marvel 2 film is any good first.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:24 AM   #20
Shoo
The Enchantress

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote