Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-12-2019, 07:08 AM   #1131
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Must be nice to have the talent, to repaint/change sculpt as you see fit! You do awesome work!
He really does!
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #1132
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Got my tracking notice for the replacement head...woo hoo!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #1133
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Must be nice to have the talent, to repaint/change sculpt as you see fit! You do awesome work!
thanks, but I don't always want to repaint a statue I buy, but for this one I guess I will.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #1134
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
thanks, but I don't always want to repaint a statue I buy, but for this one I guess I will.
I know you're plenty busy, but any mess up could mean steady work for you if you want it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #1135
Emperor
Birdman

So after finally receiving a replacement head, I noticed my statue sits right up against the cerebro wire. When I look at other pieces there seems to be a noticeable gap between Emma's foot and the coil of the wire. SS says they don't have any replacement bases and offered a full return/refund or a $35 credit. I was weary of getting a full replacement for fear of getting another bad portrait so I'm not sure what to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3475.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	125808  
Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #1136
Star-struck
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
So after finally receiving a replacement head, I noticed my statue sits right up against the cerebro wire. When I look at other pieces there seems to be a noticeable gap between Emma's foot and the coil of the wire. SS says they don't have any replacement bases and offered a full return/refund or a $35 credit. I was weary of getting a full replacement for fear of getting another bad portrait so I'm not sure what to do.
Did you already destroy the original portrait? If not you could send that one back instead of the replacement. Either way I'd try to get it replaced if it's affecting the statue sitting flush in the base.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #1137
Emperor
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-struck View Post
Did you already destroy the original portrait? If not you could send that one back instead of the replacement. Either way I'd try to get it replaced if it's affecting the statue sitting flush in the base.
Yeah it's already in pieces. Of course I noticed this after I destroyed the original.
Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:04 PM   #1138
Y3E
Gen 13

Attack of the googly eyes. Replacement time for me
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #1139
KaraFan

I was not asked to destroy my googly eyed head. They just sent one from the new batch.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #1140
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Another base issue I see. I had one as well. Now that the fog had lifted, I regret buying this piece. Seems like production was just a total disaster.
Agent_J.Warren is online now   Reply With Quote