Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

NHL...Interference...

Red Wings just got a goal waved off...It should have been good...the man was not in the crease...BUT...The NHL needs to do something about guys purposely obstructing the goalie's view...When that is their only objective...It is no different than tripping from behind to keep a man from charging the net...Both are intended to keep a man from doing his job...Goalies have no defense for this...One is a penalty and the other is not...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
Red Wings just got a goal waved off...It should have been good...the man was not in the crease...BUT...The NHL needs to do something about guys purposely obstructing the goalie's view...When that is their only objective...It is no different than tripping from behind to keep a man from charging the net...Both are intended to keep a man from doing his job...Goalies have no defense for this...One is a penalty and the other is not...
Standing in front of the goalie is a perfectly legitimate strategy and is different than tripping.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Standing in front of the goalie is a perfectly legitimate strategy and is different than tripping.
I realize that and said so...But sticking your hands in front of a receiver's face in football when he is trying to catch the ball is illegal...Same rule should be in effect for hockey...
Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nuff View Post
I realize that and said so...But sticking your hands in front of a receiver's face in football when he is trying to catch the ball is illegal...Same rule should be in effect for hockey...
As long as the defender doesn't touch the receiver I thought he could do just about anything to keep the receiver from catching the ball.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
'Nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
As long as the defender doesn't touch the receiver I thought he could do just about anything to keep the receiver from catching the ball.
No...They aren't allowed to obstruct his his view on purpose...If this is allowed in Hockey...It will create a new position and kill the game...I can see 400# guys on skates that just park out in front of the goal tender for that purpose only...