Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #51
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
3,500 vs. about 999.00

I normally don’t do quality over quantity
But for a couple hundred more I’d rather have 1/3 Batman, Aquaman, cyborg and wonder woman vs the price of that 1/2 Wonder Woman
I believe he's referring to the 1/2 scale BvS WW, the one with the doll hair. The $3500 WW is 1/3 scale and features her riding the horse.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #52
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
3,500 vs. about 999.00

I normally don’t do quality over quantity
But for a couple hundred more I’d rather have 1/3 Batman, Aquaman, cyborg and wonder woman vs the price of that 1/2 Wonder Woman
$3,500 is what the WW on Horse statue goes for. The half-scale is about $1,600 less, which makes the horse one's price that much more baffling if one is just factoring in the height (of course, the far more complex engineering makes it slightly more forgivable, but only slightly.) I think the horse statue has the best of the four total Gal sculpts and would consider it over the others if it was just a matter of deciding how many statues you could buy with the same $$ amount. But, I have a life too, so being able to space out that sum by slooooowly (with those crazy projected release dates) building the League is preferable. Cyborg and Aquaman are actually my two favorites in the lineup, especially with their poses and likenesses.

Last edited by jadekite22; 12-03-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Edit: Malvo beat me to the correction
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:45 PM   #53
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
I believe He's referring to the 1/2 BvS WW, the one with the doll hair. The $3500 WW is 1/3 scale and features her riding the horse.
Oh apologies I am mistaken
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #54
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
$3,500 is what the WW on Horse statue goes for. The half-scale is about $1,600 less, which makes the horse one's price that much more baffling if one is just factoring in the height (of course, the far more complex engineering makes it slightly more forgivable, but only slightly.) I think the horse statue has the best of the four total Gal sculpts and would consider it over the others if it was just a matter of deciding how many statues you could buy with the same $$ amount. But, I have a life too, so being able to space out that sum by slooooowly (with those crazy projected release dates) building the League is preferable. Cyborg and Aquaman are actually my two favorites in the lineup, especially with their poses and likenesses.
When I first saw her on horse I was ,” whoa I gotta get that it’s amazing then I saw the price and was like nope
Really wish it was more affordable for me
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #55
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Oh apologies I am mistaken
Completely understandable as there seems to be a new WW coming out every 5 minutes.......
Old 12-03-2017, 06:52 PM   #56
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I believe he's referring to the 1/2 scale BvS WW, the one with the doll hair. The $3500 WW is 1/3 scale and features her riding the horse.
Yes, the 1:2 scale with realistic hair is $2100, not $3500.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:54 PM   #57
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
When I first saw her on horse I was ,” whoa I gotta get that it’s amazing then I saw the price and was like nope
Really wish it was more affordable for me
It's not so much the price as it is the ES. I don't care how many other people own it so long as I get a great one I'd want to keep forever. But no way 500 people buy it at MSRP before at least one retailer discounts it (even a measly percentage takes a chunk out of price tag this huge.)

It was already admitted on Facebook that the horse piece was practically commissioned on a dare from a likely rich Warner Bros exec (which isn't a knock on the creators' genuine artistic ambition) and that P1 priced it knowing it was out of most collectors' reach. Might as well make it more limited to reflect that, but it would be a struggle to get a factory to produce, much less prioritize it on their schedule, without further raising the cost to make up for the low run.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #58
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, the 1:2 scale with realistic hair is $2100, not $3500.
Which is about $1900 more than I'd pay for it, given the fact it features "realistic hair". Cinemaquette experimented with doll hair about a decade ago.....and it was a disaster. You might want to have the name of a good hair stylist on speed dial....
Old 12-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #59
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Which is about $1900 more than I'd pay for it, given the fact it features "realistic hair". Cinemaquette experimented with doll hair about a decade ago.....and it was a disaster. You might want to have the name of a good hair stylist on speed dial....
They're still experimenting with it on their Little Red Riding Hood collaborative statue. This recent Tokyo Comic Con showing seems to be first time P1's gotten someone to correctly style WW's hair and horse's mane. Both look fine from recent photos (I just don't find the half-scale's pose and expression as exciting) but it depends on the collector, much like TDK Joker's outfit or the various 1:3 Batmans' wired capes, to work with. I don't mind it personally.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #60
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
They're still experimenting with it on their Little Red Riding Hood collaborative statue. This recent Tokyo Comic Con showing seems to be first time P1's gotten someone to correctly style WW's hair and horse's mane. Both look fine from recent photos (I just don't find the half-scale's pose and expression as exciting) but it depends on the collector, much like TDK Joker's outfit or the various 1:3 Batmans' wired capes, to work with. I don't mind it personally.
I remember during the days of Cinemaquette when they literally brought a hair stylist with them to trade shows like SDCC just to get the hair on their statues to look decent. Of course, once those same statues started arriving at people's homes the hair was a total disaster. The only realistic thing about that hair was the nightmares it evoked. I'm still traumatized over those images, in particular Jack Sparrow and Aragon. No doubt improvements have been made since then, but personally speaking it's just not for me.