Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-18-2019, 07:16 PM   #521
off
The X-Men

Read a bunch of critics reviews, all say it ignores TLJ and is nothing but fan service.

HAHAHAHA

Count me in! Sounds perfect. TLJ was hot, hot trash.

Fan service is what I want, being a fan and all.

I don't want some artsy-fartsy indie flick masquerading as Star Wars.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #522
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

That's a relief to hear.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #523
Gothamite
Phoenix

Full spoiler is up on Wikipedia.

The story is indeed pretty bad.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #524
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I hated the last two films (and suddenly have a MUCH better appreciation for Lucas' commitment and desire to world build, if not quite his execution). It's not because the OT or PT are infallible, it's because there was 25 years of expanded universe, much of it pretty damn good (because it was written or developed by fans of the franchise), but unceremoniously thrown aside so Disney could do whatever they wanted. And as mentioned, Disney's "whatever they wanted" was "whatever the director feels like doing, regardless of how it relates to ANYTHING else that's been done in the past, even the previous film."

Disney made this a cash grab, pure and simple. In doing so, they alienated a large part of the fanbase. That fanbase not only watches the movies, but the tv shows, reads the novels, reads the comics, collects the merchandise, etc.... I would bet all of those sectors are down in revenue. They miscalculated on this, and it'll kill the franchise (or at least, relegate it to minor league status) eventually.
I never before felt this about Disney, they are a after all a business and making money is what all businesses do, but after visiting Disney World for the first time last week, wow, what a freaking cash grab.

I am not a big SW fan, but the last movie scored very low for me, 2 out of 10, stupid story and stupid what was done to Skywalker. I hope this last movie some how redeems the trilogy. Like a post credit scene and someone waking up in bed saying, "Wow, that was a bad dream."
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:17 AM   #525
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I am not a big SW fan, but the last movie scored very low for me, 2 out of 10, stupid story and stupid what was done to Skywalker. I hope this last movie some how redeems the trilogy. Like a post credit scene and someone waking up in bed saying, "Wow, that was a bad dream."
Incredibly, JJ Abrams wrote an even worse script than Rian Johnson did for The Last Jedi.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #526
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Incredibly, JJ Abrams wrote an even worse script than Rian Johnson did for The Last Jedi.
Really? And he consulted Lucas too.

I hope someone does a remake of the last trilogy. And by remake I mean a re-do.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #527
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Really? And he consulted Lucas too.

I hope someone does a remake of the last trilogy. And by remake I mean a re-do.
I don't see that happening at all. It's time for new material and they know it.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:38 AM   #528
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
I hated the last two films (and suddenly have a MUCH better appreciation for Lucas' commitment and desire to world build, if not quite his execution). It's not because the OT or PT are infallible, it's because there was 25 years of expanded universe, much of it pretty damn good (because it was written or developed by fans of the franchise), but unceremoniously thrown aside so Disney could do whatever they wanted. And as mentioned, Disney's "whatever they wanted" was "whatever the director feels like doing, regardless of how it relates to ANYTHING else that's been done in the past, even the previous film."

Disney made this a cash grab, pure and simple. In doing so, they alienated a large part of the fanbase. That fanbase not only watches the movies, but the tv shows, reads the novels, reads the comics, collects the merchandise, etc.... I would bet all of those sectors are down in revenue. They miscalculated on this, and it'll kill the franchise (or at least, relegate it to minor league status) eventually.
totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Are you really surpirsed? I for sure am not.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #529
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I don't see that happening at all. It's time for new material and they know it.
Oh I know but you never know, especially nowadays with all these remakes. It's just sad what Disney did to Luke Skywalker
Old 12-19-2019, 12:02 PM   #530
SONICobra
Batman

i watched the "sneak peak" they had available on disney+ after i watched the mandalorian last night and wasnt impressed. more of the same poe and finn f_cking around while their lives are supposedly in danger. chase scene looked like disney was trying to design a theme park ride more than a chase sequence with any real potential consequences. ill probably just stream this one
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote