Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #4901
Lavario007
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteipp View Post
This was a tough internal debate. The print is absolutely beautiful but I ultimately opted to pass since I am running out of walls/display space for prints and original comic artwork. Plus I have had my eye on another statue and think I am going to pull the trigger on that.
Which statue?
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:38 PM   #4902
Lavario007
The Spirit

I received an email from SS Stating payment for both Gold & Blue XMEN prints will be processed this friday
Lavario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:38 PM   #4903
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavario007 View Post
I received an email from SS Stating payment for both Gold & Blue XMEN prints will be processed this friday
Yep same here
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #4904
Ulfnar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I had pre-ordered the framed version cause i figured it would waitlist immediately.

I was at work today for the entire time it went up for sale, and I missed the boat and I had to cancel the framed version to place the order. The website wasn't showing wailist initially so i thought i was safe. I guess i'm not getting this print after all. Sadface
Ulfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #4905
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavario007 View Post
Which statue?
Lol, I finally broke down and ordered the Iron Studios Spider-Man from SS. I have been looking at it for a while and just couldn't pass up the statue.

I know it is polarizing for some but I really like the level of detail and intricacies of the sculpt. Plus I am thinking of putting it at the center of the SS Green Goblin and some of the XM statues like Sandman and Electro.

It should really make for a dynamic diorama with Spidey flanked on all sides by various foes.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #4906
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you got that print from Art.com, it wouldn't be hand-signed either. Did you meet him at a convention?
You are correct, Art.com prints do not come signed. Then again, Art.com prints are not limited edition prints and only cost around $30. I have absolutely no problem with open edition prints not having signatures. Its limited edition prints that should always come signed.

And yes, I got this particular print signed at a convention. I own well over 200 art.com prints and have only gotten around 20 signed thus far. I have come to accept that most of them will never be signed. Its only my absolute favorite Art.com prints that I even attempt to get signed and Greg Land's Phoenix was definitely one of them.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 02:42 PM   #4907
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
You are correct, Art.com prints do not come signed. Then again, Art.com prints are not limited edition prints and only cost around $30. I have absolutely no problem with open edition prints not having signatures. Its limited edition prints that should always come signed.

And yes, I got this particular print signed at a convention. I own well over 200 art.com prints and have only gotten around 20 signed thus far. I have come to accept that most of them will never be signed. Its only my absolute favorite Art.com prints that I even attempt to get signed and Greg Land's Phoenix was definitely one of them.
Gotcha!

Oh well, to each their own. I would absolutely love real sigs on these prints, but I couldn't miss this one.

I just got my XM Phoenix today (f***ing amazing, btw) and plan on having the XM Phoenix print and the SS Dark Phoenix print framed and near their respective statues!
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #4908
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Gotcha!

Oh well, to each their own. I would absolutely love real sigs on these prints, but I couldn't miss this one.

I just got my XM Phoenix today (f***ing amazing, btw) and plan on having the XM Phoenix print and the SS Dark Phoenix print framed and near their respective statues!
Conrgats, those 2 should look absolutely amazing next to one another! Its definitely one of the nicest prints Sideshow has produced to date.

Unfortunately, as I have stated before, this is a line that I am just not willing to cross, regardless of the quality of the print. It sets an absolutely terrible precedence for the market. All it takes is another print company recognizing that Sideshow is having success with this sales model and next thing you know we have 2 companies taking this approach. Then another company recognizes that 2 companies are having success with this model and then we have 3 companies and so on and so forth. At least for me, no print is worth sending the message to print companies that they can be successful selling limited edition prints with fake signatures.

Collecting prints is by FAR my single favorite hobby and it would literally be devastating to me to see the limited edition print market start shifting to that kind of business model. Imagine the sheer level of disappointment statue collectors would feel if companies like Sideshow, XM, and Prime 1 suddenly announced they were switching from polystone to a really cheap plastic. That level of disappointment would be very similar to the level of disappointment I feel in regards to fake signatures on limited edition prints. Not to mention, the fact that Sideshow's not issuing certificates of authenticity with all of thier prints is yet another significant issue with thier print line.

Anyways, enough about the signatures. Sideshow will do what Sideshow will do. Congrats again on your purchase. I would love to see a pictures of the 2 when you have them set up!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #4909
danteipp
Hellboy

Quote:
Gotcha!

That was originally my thinking as well. I was debating getting the Dark Phoenix print to pair with the XM print and two (2) statues.

However, ultimately there is only so much $$$ and wall space to go around. I already have the Batgirl-Power Girl statues and prints.

So I opted to pass on the Dark Phoenix print and apply some of that savings towards another statue and display.

I am thinking that the Phoenix statues will start the transition to the Captain Marvel statues (both SS and XM), the GotG and some Avengers statues.

But congrats to everyone getting this print. It really looks amazing.
danteipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:47 PM   #4910
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Can anyone speak to the mounting method sideshow is using for their framed prints? Are they permanently mounted, or are they non-permanently mounted using a method so they could be removed easily from the frame with no sign that it was ever mounted?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote