Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think its impossible for it not to unfortunately
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Today's landscape, nope.
I don't know...Infinity War was pretty well liked across the board. I think the MCU is starting to go downhill but Disney did "pretty" well in the last few years. I'm confused why they can't replicate that for Star Wars.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #422
SONICobra
Batman

i would say SW and the MCU are two totally different animals though. this franchise, with these characters, with this director / producer behind the camera... theres just no way everyone or even the majority of fans / audience members will agree on the outcome. SW as a whole has been tarnished forever to some people, i dont think theres anything anyone can do to salvage the brand let alone this saga to a lot of fans
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 05:14 PM   #423
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Where is the big new weapon they have to destroy?
My prediction is the Emperor using Ben as a host is essentially a human Death Star.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 12:40 AM   #424
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I don't remember the EU having Leia flying through space like Superman or telling "can you hear me now" jokes.
No but it did have her and Luke using force powers to contain a Space Vortex.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:02 AM   #425
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Where is the big new weapon they have to destroy?
The giant fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:35 AM   #426
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i would say SW and the MCU are two totally different animals though. this franchise, with these characters, with this director / producer behind the camera... theres just no way everyone or even the majority of fans / audience members will agree on the outcome. SW as a whole has been tarnished forever to some people, i dont think theres anything anyone can do to salvage the brand let alone this saga to a lot of fans
I agree with you in regards to anything in the Skywalker time line but I do think they have a chance of redemption with new movies in other time periods. They just need to get rid of Kennedy and find someone who actually respects the franchise and not try to force their personal political agenda into the movies.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:51 PM   #427
Vallos
Jubilee

The best way forward is for new characters, stories, heroism, and perils that pushes the mythos to new heights. As much as I love the Skywalker saga (that includes the PT and ST), I am glad it is ending. I am ready for something new to love.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #428
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
The best way forward is for new characters, stories, heroism, and perils that pushes the mythos to new heights. As much as I love the Skywalker saga (that includes the PT and ST), I am glad it is ending. I am ready for something new to love.
I agree with this. Time for new stories with new characters. After all, it is a galaxy.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:17 PM   #429
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
TLJ was just a bad movie all around. Rian Johnson did a horrible job as writer & director for this movie. Kathleen Kennedy might have some impressive movies under her name but lets be honest she rode Lucas and Spielberg's coat tails to get where she is, now that she's in charge she just keeps fumbling the ball.

Quote:
I agree with you in regards to anything in the Skywalker time line but I do think they have a chance of redemption with new movies in other time periods. They just need to get rid of Kennedy and find someone who actually respects the franchise and not try to force their personal political agenda into the movies.
Just in case ya missed it in a different thread!! Making it easier for you.
Redux....
Since it seems we get incessantly bombarded with the same trite, one-note reviews from a handful of all-knowing, misogynistic, genderphobic, race-baiting, homophobic, misoneistic, cave dwellers I thought it might be convenient to provide this handy, one-stop-shopping, boilerplate or template for them to use to make it simpler for the rest of us to breeze through without having to pointlessly wade through it in hopes of finding a germ of an original thought or salient point. Or just hit “ignore”.
This movie is bad and it sucks. Why?? Because it has a feminist agenda, has Girl Power at its roots, race swaps and gender swaps. The women are always beating up on the guys and the men are always made to look foolish or weak (like myself).
SJW SJW SJW SJW WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA YADDA YADDA YADDA
[Fill in the actress] is too short, too small, has a squeaky voice, uggly, can’t act and is wrong for the role.
I hate Rian Johnson. Kathleen Kennedy sucks.
The movie could of / should of been defiantly better if they had taken my Suuuuper Geeeeenius ideas into account (based on my years of industry knowledge).
Overall, it was meh and cheesy.
The TV series started good and than it was bad. No one knows better then me.
Box office totals determine how good the movie was, except when I disagree.
The movie only made $300 million which proves it was bad.
The movie only made over a billion dollars but for the reasons I cited earlier, it was bad.
Comic book heroes and their movie counterparts should reflect my myopic world view.
Make movies great again, stuck in the 40s and 50s !!!!!!!

There you go! Just fill in the movie name and actress du jour you are belittling and you're all set. You're welcome.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:48 PM   #430
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Just in case ya missed it in a different thread!! Making it easier for you.
Redux....
Since it seems we get incessantly bombarded with the same trite, one-note reviews from a handful of all-knowing, misogynistic, genderphobic, race-baiting, homophobic, misoneistic, cave dwellers I thought it might be convenient to provide this handy, one-stop-shopping, boilerplate or template for them to use to make it simpler for the rest of us to breeze through without having to pointlessly wade through it in hopes of finding a germ of an original thought or salient point. Or just hit “ignore”.
This movie is bad and it sucks. Why?? Because it has a feminist agenda, has Girl Power at its roots, race swaps and gender swaps. The women are always beating up on the guys and the men are always made to look foolish or weak (like myself).
SJW SJW SJW SJW WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA YADDA YADDA YADDA
[Fill in the actress] is too short, too small, has a squeaky voice, uggly, can’t act and is wrong for the role.
I hate Rian Johnson. Kathleen Kennedy sucks.
The movie could of / should of been defiantly better if they had taken my Suuuuper Geeeeenius ideas into account (based on my years of industry knowledge).
Overall, it was meh and cheesy.
The TV series started good and than it was bad. No one knows better then me.
Box office totals determine how good the movie was, except when I disagree.
The movie only made $300 million which proves it was bad.
The movie only made over a billion dollars but for the reasons I cited earlier, it was bad.
Comic book heroes and their movie counterparts should reflect my myopic world view.
Make movies great again, stuck in the 40s and 50s !!!!!!!

There you go! Just fill in the movie name and actress du jour you are belittling and you're all set. You're welcome.

just because you have $hitty taste in movies don't get mad at me.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote