Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-28-2019, 06:24 PM   #401
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I mean, we see Peter back in High School at the end of Endgame. Half his class should be in college. And, MJ? Perhaps some closure will be had in the upcoming Spidey flick regarding the repercussions of Endgame. Also, now that time travel exists.....................
The only way it makes sense is if all the principles, Ned, MJ, Flash, also died and came back 5 years later.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:30 PM   #402
Agent Jeffries
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Location: We live inside a dream, above an convenience store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The only way it makes sense is if all the principles, Ned, MJ, Flash, also died and came back 5 years later.
The movie didn't make that clear. But I think that what happened.
Agent Jeffries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:37 PM   #403
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
A lot of fun moments going into the past. I liked how Star Lord would look to someone from the outside watching him sing and dance.

Also, "Hail Hydra" was a great way to mock that...particular comic story line.
Yeah, all the Cap stuff was great IMO. Except him handing the shield off.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:19 PM   #404
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I didn’t mind the hand off. I always thought it would go to Bucky however. Falcon doesn’t really do much on the ground.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #405
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post

I'm actually inclined to think that Tony has too much of an ego to just die. I bet his copied his brainwaves or something into one of his supercomputers and will appear Obiwan-style as a hologram to Peter and/or to the Avengers at some later date.

As for Peter and his classmates, you're probably right. It's not my favorite way to explain that issue away but I can see Disney taking that route. However, if everyone died, that would be a shame as there's some good drama to be had by having some of them having lived through the snappening.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #406
Agent Jeffries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Give it a chance. Sam's a good man. Steve discussed it with Bucky before hand. Bucky has been Steve’s most important friend throughout his life. My read is Bucky knew all along what Steve was going to do. When Steve was leaving on the mission, Bucky hugs him and said " I"m going to miss you, Buddy". Anyway, we'll know more when The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series comes out.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #407
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Jeffries View Post
Give it a chance. Sam's a good man. Steve discussed it with Bucky before hand. Bucky has been Steve’s most important friend throughout his life. My read is Bucky knew all along what Steve was going to do. When Steve was leaving on the mission, Bucky hugs him and said " I"m going to miss you, Buddy". Anyway, we'll know more when The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series comes out.
Is the MCU going to find an excuse to give Sam the super soldier serum like the comics? Steve, Bucky and Red Skull were supposed to be rare flukes. I don't mind Sam getting the shield. Bucky has a lot of blood on his hands (like Nat) even though he was being controlled.

Off to watch it a second time, now in IMAX. First time was Dolby.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:55 PM   #408
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

When did Sam get the Super Soldier Serum in the comics? I still find it strange they gave it to Mockingbird.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:56 PM   #409
laproblematique
Fantastic Four

Should have had Black Widow scissor leg lock Thanos' head off in the opening act. It would have looked a lot less forced than the movie and climactic fight being suspended so that the directors could line up the Nebula, Gamora, Mantis, Wasp to aid Captain Marvel when she never needed the assistance in the first place.

It's a comic book movie it's not real life, but a ten second scene like that rubbish is all it takes to detract from the movie and it shows Disney pushing a clear agenda.

What is more empowering is showing the above using their powers fighting along their team (male shudder) counterparts.

The whole final battle should have lasted much longer after Captain America, Thor and Iron Man were bested by Thanos.
laproblematique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #410
Agent Jeffries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Is the MCU going to find an excuse to give Sam the super soldier serum like the comics? Steve, Bucky and Red Skull were supposed to be rare flukes. I don't mind Sam getting the shield. Bucky has a lot of blood on his hands (like Nat) even though he was being controlled.

Off to watch it a second time, now in IMAX. First time was Dolby.
I don't think Sam will become a super soldier. He is just carry on the name. BTW I've seen it twice in IMAX. and seeing it in Dolby on Wednesday. Time for GOT.