Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #511
built2shred
Phoenix

You know that old saying....

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time"
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #512
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
that was an epic run, thats actually what made me a thor fan
Same here....loved that run in the comics.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:21 AM   #513
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
It seems so long ago now, but do you guys remember the J. Michael Straczynski run on Thor that came around 2008? That Thor was badass. The way he sets up new Asgard, and the way he deals with Tony after he tries to get him to register (right after Civil War), it was pretty fascinating.

The MCU was new then, it probably wasn't even connected, but I remember thinking it'd be awesome to see this version of Thor on screen.
Damn!

Great depiction there.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #514
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
It seems so long ago now, but do you guys remember the J. Michael Straczynski run on Thor that came around 2008? That Thor was badass. The way he sets up new Asgard, and the way he deals with Tony after he tries to get him to register (right after Civil War), it was pretty fascinating.

The MCU was new then, it probably wasn't even connected, but I remember thinking it'd be awesome to see this version of Thor on screen.
I agree. Wouldn't it have been amazing if they could have fit in a Thor movie chronologically after Captain America Civil War where he returns to Earth and goes against Tony because of the Sokovia Accords.

Seeing Thor humble and humiliate Iron Man in the first act, just to see Tony come back in act 2 with a Thorbuster armor!

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:37 PM   #515
Tushar
Hellboy

I really was hoping for that. The Thorbuster ending is a great idea, though.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #516
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:

Haha! I'm picturing Thor speak to Kevin Feige in that strip. THAT'S my Thor!

Honestly though I've really enjoyed all the Marvel movies over the years and I guess we should consider ourselves very lucky. Usually when corporate suits and money are involved it goes south quick. Just look at the current state of DC.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #517
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Haha! I'm picturing Thor speak to Kevin Feige in that strip. THAT'S my Thor!

Honestly though I've really enjoyed all the Marvel movies over the years and I guess we should consider ourselves very lucky. Usually when corporate suits and money are involved it goes south quick. Just look at the current state of DC.
I'd argue DC movie current state is pretty good. Far better than a few years ago. The fact that Shazam! and Joker are their films this year show a great range of stories.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #518
gearhead
The Herculoids

I'd argue against that. I can't comment on Shazam since I haven't seen it yet, but a Joker movie is a horrible idea. Don't need it, don't want it. The Joker should be a mystery. I prefer his past as a multiple choice that even he dosen't know the answer to, and giving him an official back story will ruin him. I have 0 faith they will do him justice.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #519
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I'd argue against that. I can't comment on Shazam since I haven't seen it yet, but a Joker movie is a horrible idea. Don't need it, don't want it. The Joker should be a mystery. I prefer his past as a multiple choice that even he dosen't know the answer to, and giving him an official back story will ruin him. I have 0 faith they will do him justice.
Shazam is light hearted, I loved it, but understand mixed feelings.

We shall see, I agree in the comics I prefer the mystery, but I'm fine with a film exploring it and I trust Pheonix to give Ledger level performance. It's not part of any shared universe, so can think of it like that Brightburn movie.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #520
gearhead
The Herculoids

But the rest of the world will think of it as fact, and so it will be going forward.