Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #1251
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I choose to ignore that the bone claws ever even happened. Much like the nose-less feral Wolverine.
Amen! The bone claws were a Travesty that completely went against the heart of Wolverine's origin from the Weapon X program.

That said, to all those complaining about the bone claws on this piece: you know that you can just leave them in the box, right??

I'm looking forward to getting my Brown Wolverine!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:35 PM   #1252
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I like the bone claws. They're something different. I would probably display bone claws and swords the most.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #1253
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
As a collector I would have preferred metal claws on each hand and no bone claws at all. That's just my personal bias though. I've always disliked any storyline with the bone claws.
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #1254
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMEsquire44 View Post
That said, to all those complaining about the bone claws on this piece: you know that you can just leave them in the box, right??
its just inviting one more potential issue for something that doesnt make any sense and most collectors dont want anyway. it is what it is at this point so all we can do is hope the key holes / keys dont wear out over time. i will never display the bone claws and more than likely decide which display i like best when i set it up and leave it, but even still youre hoping the factory aligns those things perfectly...
Old 01-28-2020, 04:31 PM   #1255
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah, feels like a decision that's bound to have problems down the line. I mean between all the key holes in the hands and all the keys in the claws, you're just introducing a lot more potential problems and even if 1 of those things goes wrong it's going to be pretty frustrating for people. I mean imagine if just 1 of the metal claws doesn't go in properly anymore.

I personally would display both the bone and metal claws; I just like variation in my statues. However variation at the expense of introducing multiple potential issues like this doesn't seem like the right decision to make. I really doubt much of any fuss at all would've been made if they would've just done it how they originally stated; 8 arms - 2 extended metal/2 stabbing bones/2 stabbing metal/2 sword. You still have 8 realistic posing combinations there; I can't imagine many people would combine bone/metal claws in the same pose.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:32 PM   #1256
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its just inviting one more potential issue for something that doesnt make any sense and most collectors dont want anyway. it is what it is at this point so all we can do is hope the key holes / keys dont wear out over time. i will never display the bone claws and more than likely decide which display i like best when i set it up and leave it, but even still youre hoping the factory aligns those things perfectly...
I do see your point with concern about the keys/holes. It would have been better with just multiple arms, as it was first shown when I ordered!
I won't use the bone claws either. Since I have the SS PF with claws out, my thought is I will use the katanas, plus they match with the base, but on the other hand (pun intended), I am a sucker for a chrome finish!
Old 01-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #1257
SONICobra
Batman

the thing is that key is so small and so short, if there is no glue to hold it in place it will more than likely droop so hopefully there is a magnet in the hands for the claws to lock into. i wouldnt mind just gluing them in place myself but will we only get two sets of metal claws?

Old 01-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #1258
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

I'm guessing there MUST be a magnet, with the key that small.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:10 PM   #1259
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

With this design I’m mostly concerned with the claws not being straight, aligned or spaced properly once keyed in. Any slight variance in those key holes and these things will all be pointing in different directions.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #1260
SONICobra
Batman

yeah even if there is a magnet in the hand (which seems it would be difficult as the hand would have to be cast in two pieces) it doesnt guarantee proper claw alignment

this piece still has a lot going for it which is why im sticking it out, and its really different from all the other wolverines i have / have seen - im just hoping it all works out