Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-28-2020, 01:59 PM   #31
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Do you guys think Iceman maybe a sleeper hit like storm was? Just wondering, doesn't seem like its getting alot of love.

Or do you think fan's are holding up for a Sideshow Reveal ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:36 PM   #32
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Do you guys think Iceman maybe a sleeper hit like storm was? Just wondering, doesn't seem like its getting alot of love.

Or do you think fan's are holding up for a Sideshow Reveal ?
XM's Iceman would be tough to beat. Some collectors might want a smaller base and cheaper price from SSC though.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:05 PM   #33
SONICobra
Batman

this is a lot better than that sketch AF custom with all the qc issues and enormous base imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:21 PM   #34
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
this is a lot better than that sketch AF custom with all the qc issues and enormous base imo

Well if you are referring to the Iceman mister X and gem mint did, then i give it props for being super ambitious, but probably was mostly just that overly ambitious with poor execution. Also iceman kinda gets lost in the whole thing and you can barely see his details unless you look closer. Plus i'm over resin as it just causes more problems down the line.

But i do feel sometimes XM over does it also with the big bases. XM Iceman himself does look better in his look like a glacier, will probably wait for in hand reviews. Hopefully this doesn't suffer from the yellowing effect other iceman statues get
Old 01-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #35
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
That thing looks amazing IMO, I would much prefer it to this if there were no issues.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #36
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Well if you are referring to the Iceman mister X and gem mint did, then i give it props for being super ambitious, but probably was mostly just that overly ambitious with poor execution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
That thing looks amazing IMO, I would much prefer it to this if there were no issues.
yes it deserves props for being ambitious but if something cant be done right, it shouldnt be done at all. for almost $3000 shipped its absolutely insane you would have to live with those issues AND potential issues. i would be sick to my stomach if i had paid that much for that thing, theres so many things that turned out terrible on it IMO

this i feel is a pretty great representation of the character and his powers without being too over the top. the only thing im not a huge fan of is the ornamentation on the shoulders but aside from that pretty awesome imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #37
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
yes it deserves props for being ambitious but if something cant be done right, it shouldnt be done at all. for almost $3000 shipped its absolutely insane you would have to live with those issues AND potential issues. i would be sick to my stomach if i had paid that much for that thing, theres so many things that turned out terrible on it IMO

this i feel is a pretty great representation of the character and his powers without being too over the top. the only thing im not a huge fan of is the ornamentation on the shoulders but aside from that pretty awesome imo
Ya, but several people were given the option to back out, but i'm sure they kept thinking it wouldn't be that bad. Agree $3000 price tag for being very flawed is a huge bummer, and i'd probably end up finding someone to sell it to fast.

Even if I had the money, if i had to choose i'd end up choosing the XM piece. I'd want something that stood out but also blended well with other X-men.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #38
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Well if you are referring to the Iceman mister X and gem mint did, then i give it props for being super ambitious, but probably was mostly just that overly ambitious with poor execution. Also iceman kinda gets lost in the whole thing and you can barely see his details unless you look closer. Plus i'm over resin as it just causes more problems down the line.

But i do feel sometimes XM over does it also with the big bases. XM Iceman himself does look better in his look like a glacier, will probably wait for in hand reviews. Hopefully this doesn't suffer from the yellowing effect other iceman statues get
The reason I probably won't pick it up. Looks amazing, but I try to steer clear of clear/blue translucent resin as best as I can. Hopefully that's not an issue here, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #39
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

$3000 isn't cheap...lol.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:11 PM   #40
nyvega002
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really like this piece and would add it to my collection if it wasn't for the base. It's big and oddly shaped, which is just an eyesore. But the bigger concern is that I will have at least 3 SS pieces with Danger Room bases and it won't mesh well with those. But the way they painted Iceman and the ice ramp are awesome.
nyvega002 is offline   Reply With Quote