Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #21
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes123 View Post
nice! congrats
just got back from holiday today so will get mine paid for and shipped asap can't wait to get him, they look like they did a good job on the paint app
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #22
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

kratos has arrived!
Wow straight off i'm going to say i'm very impressed with the quality of the bust, this is my first gaming heads piece and it's a very high standard.
Packaging is excellent the bust comes double boxed with the (excellent) printed inner box suspended, via four corner styrofoam pieces, inside an outer brown shipper box.
The first thing that struck me with the bust itself is it's weight, it feels VERY solid with a real nice weight to it. I've owned LOTS of busts in the past and this is definitley up there as one of the heaviest, weight fetishists will definitely not be disappointed!
The sculpt is excellent and nails kratos' portrait, I was always a little concerned with this bust that his face looked a little too thick but in person that's not the case and it's spot on.
Paint app is excellent some real nice details and all the colours look bang on. Eyes are painted but are very well done with a nice shine to them. Only real criticism would be the marble effect on the base could of done with a bit more detail but it's probably something i'll touch up myself.
Overall i'd give it and definite 9/10 especially taking the price (£380) and low ES (500) into account. It's the perfect representation of one of my favourite gaming characters

my money would be on kratos!

Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #23
ddg_diego
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
kratos has arrived!
Wow straight off i'm going to say i'm very impressed with the quality of the bust, this is my first gaming heads piece and it's a very high standard.
Packaging is excellent the bust comes double boxed with the (excellent) printed inner box suspended, via four corner styrofoam pieces, inside an outer brown shipper box.
The first thing that struck me with the bust itself is it's weight, it feels VERY solid with a real nice weight to it. I've owned LOTS of busts in the past and this is definitley up there as one of the heaviest, weight fetishists will definitely not be disappointed!
The sculpt is excellent and nails kratos' portrait, I was always a little concerned with this bust that his face looked a little too thick but in person that's not the case and it's spot on.
Paint app is excellent some real nice details and all the colours look bang on. Eyes are painted but are very well done with a nice shine to them. Only real criticism would be the marble effect on the base could of done with a bit more detail but it's probably something i'll touch up myself.
Overall i'd give it and definite 9/10 especially taking the price (£380) and low ES (500) into account. It's the perfect representation of one of my favourite gaming characters
I appreciate your review. For me it was an honor to work on this project.
ddg_diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #24
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddg_diego View Post
I appreciate your review. For me it was an honor to work on this project.
did you post the wip of this is the sculptors section quite awhile ago? I remembered seeing it before. Glad it got produced you did an awesome job on it
Old 09-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #25
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Heads up for anyone who is still after this. BBTS have them on clearance for $200 off, or $399 instead of $599.
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #26
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

Does anyone know the full dimensions of this Bust, including the weight? I just ordered it from BBTS (Thanks for the notice premium_substit) and trying to plan where to put it, but no specs are listed.

thanks,
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:49 PM   #27
Mar-l-Aoutat
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

All tho this has been out for a while, I got it just recently, last month. And oh boy it looks great! It's not even sold-out yet from Gaming Heads so anyone interested, it's still possible to get one.

Here are some pictures:

And here my youtube unboxing and review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_JXQNgf58A
Mar-l-Aoutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:05 AM   #28
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
All tho this has been out for a while, I got it just recently, last month. And oh boy it looks great! It's not even sold-out yet from Gaming Heads so anyone interested, it's still possible to get one.

Here are some pictures:

And here my youtube unboxing and review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_JXQNgf58A
Oh my he is gorgeous looking but to big for my area
Gamingheads did a fantastic job with this
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote