Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-23-2016, 05:25 AM   #81
Saturnyne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My Joker & Harley showed up in good condition. Harley's Portrait is prettier than her solo bombshell. I'm very happy with it for the price point.There are minor paint issues but nothing as unpleasant as my Zatanna.
Saturnyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 06:43 AM   #82
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnyne View Post
My Joker & Harley showed up in good condition. Harley's Portrait is prettier than her solo bombshell. I'm very happy with it for the price point.There are minor paint issues but nothing as unpleasant as my Zatanna.
Congrats! It's always nice to hear when the more ambitious pieces turn out well.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:00 AM   #83
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
I do wish Harley's lips were more in line with Joker's face at certain angles. Otherwise, seems like a nice piece.
Agreed. The way her head is aligned doesn't make any sense. I don't really care for this piece so its no loss for me, but it definitely would have been nicer if her head was more in line with his.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:43 PM   #84
SDguy

Got an email saying the variant is coming to BBTS within the next several days. Anyone getting it? I'm on the fence, since I'm very happy with the original.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:24 PM   #85
Poltergeist
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Got an email saying the variant is coming to BBTS within the next several days. Anyone getting it? I'm on the fence, since I'm very happy with the original.
Personally i think the variant looks more in line with Harley than the original but I can see why you would be debating... ..not sure what to tell ya, wasn't a fan of the original as it doesn't capture the characters as I would like but the 2nd one is a bit more tempting to me.

So up to you - I can see the argument either way (to get both or just to keep one)
Poltergeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #86
dechirico7
The Flash

The original pays more homage to the photo. The second does more to the characters. I thought I would like the variant more, since it is more obvious who they are. But do they need to be obvious? I am turning more towards the original now.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #87
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
Personally i think the variant looks more in line with Harley than the original but I can see why you would be debating... ..not sure what to tell ya, wasn't a fan of the original as it doesn't capture the characters as I would like but the 2nd one is a bit more tempting to me.

So up to you - I can see the argument either way (to get both or just to keep one)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
The original pays more homage to the photo. The second does more to the characters. I thought I would like the variant more, since it is more obvious who they are. But do they need to be obvious? I am turning more towards the original now.
Agreed with both comment.

I think I'm leaning to not needing to be so obvious, that Harley no longer looks like she's dressed like a nurse. Though I think I like Joker's color scheme on the variant better
Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #88
SDguy

Deleted the pre-order.... I like the original, and seeing that the nameplate on the variant still had the original colors, well, pass, for $200.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #89
SDguy

Well well, the second edition looks interesting... they kept her skirt white, and REALLY lightened up his suit!

Old 04-09-2016, 12:42 AM   #90
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Review of the original statue by Nerd Therapy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1va...&nohtml5=False
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote