Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-31-2008, 09:13 AM   #11
Alaneye
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Okay, I got to the end of the built-in levels last night...not 100% or Aced, but got a score on them all. 1 - 5 are full of wonderful uses of the physics engine, while 6 and 7 (India and The Collector) unfortunately fall into some of the more old school platformer trappings such as dodging spikes and jumping onto tiny/moving platforms with a 'punish the player' type of mindset. Although they do also have some moments of brilliance, but I did get a bit frustrated with playing some of it over and over until I got it right.

The multiplayer is excellent on both the minigames and the full levels. The introduction of even one more player changes everything as the camera sometimes shifts depending on where you all are. Three of us must have spent two hours trying to complete one of the African levels and had a good laugh while attempting it. Some of the levels can't be fully completed without collaborating with a second player while there are areas in the last two levels that need a full compliment of four players to get 100%. I'm sure this won't go down well with completists who are also Billy Nomates.

On the whole it was a most enjoyable experience and I look forward to seeing how the more imaginative level designers put this wonderful game and physics engine to use (and I'll be having a play myself)

Alan
Alaneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
abarron
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaneye View Post
Okay, I got to the end of the built-in levels last night...not 100% or Aced, but got a score on them all. 1 - 5 are full of wonderful uses of the physics engine, while 6 and 7 (India and The Collector) unfortunately fall into some of the more old school platformer trapping such as dodging spikes and jumping onto tiny/moving platforms with a 'punish the player' type of mindset. Although they do also have some moments of brilliance, but I did get a bit frustrated with playing some of it over and over until I got it right.

The multiplayer is excellent on both the minigames and the full levels. The introduction of even one more player changes everything as the camera sometimes shifts depending on where you all are. Three of us must have spent two hours trying to complete one of the African levels and had a good laugh while attempting it. Some of the levels can't be fully completed without collaborating with a second player while there are areas in the last two levels that need a full compliment of four players to get 100%. I'm sure this won't go down well with completists who are also Billy Nomates.

On the whole it was a most enjoyable experience and I look forward to seeing how the more imaginative level designers put this wonderful game and physics engine to use (and I'll be having a play myself)

Alan
Can't wait for my copy to arrive
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:19 AM   #13
Twoguns-Crowley
Shadowhawk

Wow, what a revelation, everything on earth shall perish, I'm so offended by a game that points out my eventual death, its quite disturbing. This game shouldn't be released ever I'm I wrong here or is a mole hill become a mountain??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo View Post
The game has been delayed due to one of the backing tracks having reference to the Qu'ran.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...es-playstation

luckily for me, mine was shipped last friday before Sony did the recall! I got it yesterday
Twoguns-Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:56 AM   #14
MrYac
Hercules

idiots, i was wondering why the game was "recalled" at my store
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #15
abarron
Batman

My copy arrived yesterday but we were out watching Bond.

Hopefully will try it out tonight
Old 11-06-2008, 04:21 AM   #16
abarron
Batman

Played on it for about and hour last night.
So far i am loving it.
Love how you can control Sackboy's arms.
Had him doing a bit of Saturday Night Fever action