Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-29-2020, 10:10 PM   #4331
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Shows they get desperate.

If they would of priced it $1k would of been a real sell out long time ago and they would be on to the next big statue.

Idiots
They probably know how to run their business better than we do. And we're not exactly privy to the myriad costs that go into producing such a piece, in addition to external factors like tariffs with China. Calling them idiots is unnecessary and just bad form.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:21 PM   #4332
Biggunz
Loki

Thanks MOM
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #4333
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yeah, how dare they try and sell all of their pieces. They should just let them all sit in the warehouse for eternity.
So you're actually defending them lying to customers?!?
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:40 AM   #4334
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
So you're actually defending them lying to customers?!?
Oh give me a break. They set an ES of 400 EX and 800 regular. They're allowed to sell their whole edition size, even if it's in multiple batches. It's been that way for years. But, I understand how you haters always try and spin everything to fit your hater narrative. That's not new around here either.

And for the record, no I don't condone lying. I was appalled when it came out that they were using a machine to sign their art prints and deceiving customers who thought they were getting an artist signature.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:22 PM   #4335
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

FAke sell out to get people to jump on WL? :/ SSC got me to order the Jean Grey statue before it fake sold out too. I would had ordered I’m her anyways but would had waited longer to do so if it wasn’t for their tactic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
I went to storage today and get the measurements for the boxes:

A: 67 x 43 x 72 cm
B: 74 x 33 x 78 cm

There are no infos about the weight at the boxes. Juggernaut is already assembled so its not possible to send you infos about that. One was a little bit heavier then the other. But take the Sideshow info 40 lbs and I would say one was 15 lbs and the other 25 lbs.

I’m still waiting for ssc to ship my ex... over a week now...

I checked FedEx and it’s only $14 extra from $120 USD I paid and ssc said it would cost $365 USD to ship.. WTF And after that, they will not ship FedEx unless I pay the difference or settle for DHL which is $120. Something isn’t Frikin right here with so a difference in shipping cost?

They also wanted to change my shipping preference to DHL and I told them no. Can’t trust ssc.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:23 PM   #4336
Mammal
Blue Falcon

I’m not a Sideshow hater by any means, but given:
1) These are limited edition statues; and
2) A statue going “very few remaining” or “out of stock” tends to raise demand,

... it seems very clear that marking something “sold out” when it’s not actually sold out is a deceptive tactic to spike interest. If you’re issuing a statue in batches, and Batch 1 runs out, it should transition to “pre-order” for batch 2, not “Sold Out.” IMO.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:23 PM   #4337
Mammal
Blue Falcon

[double post]
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:50 PM   #4338
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I do agree they should be more transparent in terms by calling out a piece that is coming in multiple batches.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:51 PM   #4339
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Dup
Old 03-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #4340
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh give me a break. They set an ES of 400 EX and 800 regular. They're allowed to sell their whole edition size, even if it's in multiple batches. It's been that way for years. But, I understand how you haters always try and spin everything to fit your hater narrative. That's not new around here either.

And for the record, no I don't condone lying. I was appalled when it came out that they were using a machine to sign their art prints and deceiving customers who thought they were getting an artist signature.
I don't care how they sell their stuff, but lying to customers would be as bad as it gets. I can't imagine that's what's happening here, but it sure does seem sketchy when it seems to happen like this over and over again. I also don't think there are "haters" of companies on this site, but I do think there are a small group of posters who are incredibly loyal to a company (all of the 3-4 major companies) for reasons I can't understand.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote