Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-15-2015, 08:23 AM   #401
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Can someone with ARH experience tell me what are our chances that we get a statue painted like the prototype?

I so want to get this if I'll get what I se in the pictures. I just can't deal with a struggle for statues any more.
I have 6 of their statues qz and the paint on them is just like their protos.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #402
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Can someone with ARH experience tell me what are our chances that we get a statue painted like the prototype?

I so want to get this if I'll get what I se in the pictures. I just can't deal with a struggle for statues any more.
I have 3 of the 1/7 and 5 of the 1/4 scale so far and some people don't like the prototype paints sometimes but definitely what you see is what you get. The one's I have look pretty much like the protos to me, much moreso than other companies IMO.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #403
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I have 3 of the 1/7 and 5 of the 1/4 scale so far and some people don't like the prototype paints sometimes but definitely what you see is what you get. The one's I have look pretty much like the protos to me, much moreso than other companies IMO.
That's good news because it looked damn good in person.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:14 PM   #404
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
I would say they are spot on with the colors on the production pieces compared to the prototype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
I have 6 of their statues qz and the paint on them is just like their protos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Thanks everyone for the responses.
I know I've seen you guys posting in a lot of ARH threads is I respect your opinions as well.

Just a bit fatigued from the bait & switch game and not wanting to pay these prices to be disappointed.

That is definitely what I want to hear. If they turn out as "what you see is what you get" as in referring to the prototype pictures that is exactly what I want and all I can ask for really. Appreciate the input.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #405
dao2
Cyclops

Well they seem to shoot for realistic paint jobs in the past, and they got matched quite well. Hopefully their new stuff can as well (I think the paint jobs on the new ones are better/harder then the previous stuff).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #406
Rokdweller
Birdman

I am totally obsessed with owning this Barbarian... I seem to see him in any image that vaguely resembles the Frazetta art. Is it just me???

[IMG][/IMG]
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:04 AM   #407
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Well they seem to shoot for realistic paint jobs in the past, and they got matched quite well. Hopefully their new stuff can as well (I think the paint jobs on the new ones are better/harder then the previous stuff).
Yes these paints seem ambitious. To match Frazetta's paintings they pretty much have to be.

That's what makes me wary as from what I have seen of Arahom Radjah's behavior ARH isn't going to have a Sideshow type satisfaction guarantee.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #408
dao2
Cyclops

I'm not too sure about Sideshow's guarantee anymore... And yes I have some doubts from ARH but if I think about it just realistically I have a couple of their pieces and they are they are as advertised which is a 100% success rate.

My first couple pieces from SS were absolute train wrecks and more than half of the stuff I've gotten since has been trash that I've had to send back. So while I can't say I have the utmost confidence in them I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt as they have yet to fail me while SS do constantly.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #409
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well, I have zero pieces from ARH but I have several on order. So my opinion counts for nothing.

I will say based on good word of mouth from longtime fans and the dedication I've seen from the ARH team creatively this year, I feel pretty confident they'll deliver what's promised. They're a small company still trying to grow and make a name for themselves. The best way to do that is to ensure your customers are happy with the final product overall.

From the CS and PR side, they could use some improvement but I'm sure that will come in time.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #410
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Just glad Ehren is still on the forum to listen to comments and feedback from us...not worried with him on board.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote