Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-24-2014, 10:33 AM   #6891
bruiser72
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencollector View Post
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had any problems with the Peg on the foot not going all the way into the base? Maybe like 1mm.

What can be done to fix this issue?
I would take a dremel and knock off the 1mm from the post, or even a fine file.
bruiser72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 02:27 AM   #6892
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hey guys, I just need your advice on the Joker PF. I recently bought the EX from a fellow Freaks board member and paid what I consider market price for it. I'm happy with it for the most part, but it did come dusty out of the box with a few dry stains on the outfit. I tried to get them out using a moist cloth and a Q-tip.

Would you consider these huge flaws considering that the seller said it was mint/perfect, or am I being too anal? The seller has great feedback, but the pics he posted didn't show these flaws. Should i return this? I am leaning towards taking it as is since shipping it back to the US from Canada would be a hassle. Any input you have to offer is appreciated. Also, any tips on how to get the dried residue on the cloth off?
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:45 AM   #6893
frenchyoutoo
Nightwing

Im pretty picky especially a grail like piece like this one.
it definately doesnt deserve positive feedback if he hadnt mentioned those flaws.

when i sold my bison PF the wing off the skull on his cap had broken off (very tiny). Super glued it back on. Took photos woth and without flashes of it and mentioned it. It looked fine but STILL i had to mention it. I expect peps to be like me when im selling and that is getting whats expected. Especially when its a piece youre looking forward to so damn much only to find ita been man handled by somw savage, not even a de dusting after theyve stated its mint, then re_boxed.

im sorry if im a downer its ofcourse your call, that story just pisses me off. Especially this new meaning of "mint" these days. Mint to me is - never been used, touched or seen the light of day. Absolutely brand spanking new. MINT.
now it means what ever the person wants it to mean to them. , which is -- yeh i took care of it.
Absolute bull.

I like getting things brand new, undefiled, unstained. I be sending it back. But thats me man cause i know i could get another at the same price. Only bummer is postage costs unless they cover it somehow.
frenchyoutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:57 AM   #6894
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoid18 View Post
Hey guys, I just need your advice on the Joker PF. I recently bought the EX from a fellow Freaks board member and paid what I consider market price for it. I'm happy with it for the most part, but it did come dusty out of the box with a few dry stains on the outfit. I tried to get them out using a moist cloth and a Q-tip.

Would you consider these huge flaws considering that the seller said it was mint/perfect, or am I being too anal? The seller has great feedback, but the pics he posted didn't show these flaws. Should i return this? I am leaning towards taking it as is since shipping it back to the US from Canada would be a hassle. Any input you have to offer is appreciated. Also, any tips on how to get the dried residue on the cloth off?
Have you contacted the Seller to aware that person of this?

This is the type of thing some would be like "it's no big deal" but if you were to ever sell it and highlight the issues NOBODY would be trying to pay you an amount within market range because it's flawed. They'd all be seeking a discount because why pay a normal amount for something less than normal?

For myself, I've sold a few pieces I no longer had interest in as my focus narrowed and I sold one piece that had I flaw. I didn't notice the flaw until I boxed it to ship. I immediately contacted the buyer and let him know I just discovered it and understood if he didn't want it anymore and wanted his money back, or I could reduce the cost for him. He decided for the price reduction and to worry about fixing it later. So I took less money, but I still got rid of a statue I no longer wanted, and the customer knew exactly what he was getting. We worked it out because we discussed it. No matter what happens, being upfront and clear about what's going on should apply to everybody.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #6895
C-Born
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The pics dont look like too big of an issue to me. I am mostly concerned only with breaks, chips and cracks but everyone is different. The seller definitley has an obligation to disclose any and all defects to a buyer. Thie issue comes in where different individuals see the same thing differently, to say that the issues you noticed possibly never have made the radar of the guy that sold it to you. but if he knowingly saw a defect and just didnt mention it is just wrong.
C-Born is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:07 AM   #6896
adee
Green Arrow

I dunno those are fairly minor imo I just went to look at mine and I have a similar white spot on the fabric. It's not as large as those but I never even noticed it until I looked after reading this post.

I'd ask for compensation for the flaws but I don't think I'd return it depending on how much you paid for it.

The clown head would be a non issue for me.

Everyone has their own standards of what is acceptable. If it's going to bother you it's not worth keeping.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #6897
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Yeah I'll look at ours but I'm sure ours looks similar but i wouldn't even of noticed Unless he had circles around issues ! Plus too before you go off on seller he may not even know or have noticed ??? I probably wouldn't of caught those..

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #6898
Yuca
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Return it. Seller should have pointed out these flaws.

Last edited by Yuca; 04-15-2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
Yuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #6899
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

I probably wouldn't have noticed those unless you pointed them out, and it seems like it's not a unique to one statue problem if other people here see it on theirs.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #6900
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

have you tried a damp cloth?
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote