Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #391
Mar-l-Aoutat
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The moss on yours seems to be super saturated, I wonder if it is the case or if it's just the camera/lighting...
I also have some pictures of the swords and the moss seems darker on my pictures. Just wondering.

Also the white paint around the eyes looks off, like it's a different white than the rest of the statue, it did not look like that on mine. Maybe just the lighting again?

Mar-l-Aoutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:13 AM   #392
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
The moss on yours seems to be super saturated, I wonder if it is the case or if it's just the camera/lighting...
I also have some pictures of the swords and the moss seems darker on my pictures. Just wondering.

Also the white paint around the eyes looks off, like it's a different white than the rest of the statue, it did not look like that on mine. Maybe just the lighting again?

i'd say it's the lightning. Look at the light sourcem it angled from below upwards. That's why the whites of the eyes seems stronger because if the light source is from above (like yours), it will wash out the light whites.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:24 AM   #393
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Oh yeah camera and lighting changes everything

I have mine lit from behind the camera and above, the moss does look a lot brighter green on my pics and i do mention it on the video, it's a lot darker in hand, your pics are definitely more like the actual colour.

Like i always say the only true experience of ANY statue is to get it in hand
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #394
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Oh yeah camera and lighting changes everything

I have mine lit from behind the camera and above, the moss does look a lot brighter green on my pics and i do mention it on the video, it's a lot darker in hand, your pics are definitely more like the actual colour.

Like i always say the only true experience of ANY statue is to get it in hand
Indeed, watched your review and it is the lighting! And of course, having the statue in hands is the only true experience. I am putting a lot of effort in my reviews to show the statue on every angle but watching a review is not like having the real thing in front of you.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:20 AM   #395
Makutsu
Frackin!

So just got my Sif recently and I had paint issues like this where the green "moss/mushroom" stuff is now painted on to the Gravestone.

and........ F4F's CS tells me this is totally acceptable... which I'm really torn up on...

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26854959_10160024868520624_1219572012_o.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	110856  
Makutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:43 AM   #396
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

I would take overall pictures of the statue where moss shouldn't be, take the production photos from the website and do a side by side comparison. This looks quite bad and i hope they can be bothered to fix this for you. From their replies on fb they are quite stubborn to rectify this moss issue, maybe a glaring case of misplaced moss they will be willing to fix it. I hope your case gets rectified.

I'm still waiting for my waitlist conversion, but pictures like this make me less enthusiastic to have it converted.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 AM   #397
Makutsu
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
I would take overall pictures of the statue where moss shouldn't be, take the production photos from the website and do a side by side comparison. This looks quite bad and i hope they can be bothered to fix this for you. From their replies on fb they are quite stubborn to rectify this moss issue, maybe a glaring case of misplaced moss they will be willing to fix it. I hope your case gets rectified.

I'm still waiting for my waitlist conversion, but pictures like this make me less enthusiastic to have it converted.
Yeah, I understand the moss being from fluffy to less fluffy but how can paint being OFF of where it's intended still be considered acceptable is beyond me
Makutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #398
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
It's the exact same price and it will be the same weight and design except without the extra arm, so unless you're saving on shipping or something might as well get ex
I suppose you're right, plus this way I don't miss out on the art print.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #399
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I can't believe it but, looks like 3d print lines on the forehead? Doesn't seem noticeable in the photos from the lower angle.

In the photo with the moss issue, on the bottom half left of the moss... the stone weathering appears to have a "woven" look---are these 3d print lines showing due to the weathering?
Maybe just an artifact from the photo?
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:51 PM   #400
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makutsu View Post
So just got my Sif recently and I had paint issues like this where the green "moss/mushroom" stuff is now painted on to the Gravestone.

and........ F4F's CS tells me this is totally acceptable... which I'm really torn up on...

What do you think?
Mine did not look like that. That's bad. Like they painted a big circle of grey paint over the mushrooms...if you have any talent in painting and CS don't want to do anything about this maybe try to paint over it.

Also on the face, I don't know if that's 3D print lines...here is my original picture (no compression) so you can see better