Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-03-2019, 02:48 AM   #171
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Looks like they're trying really hard to target the female viewer, problem is I don't think there a big female viewer base for this type of movie... And if guys pass on it, there's a really good chance this movie will bomb hard.

From the trailer and posters it defiantly feels like a girl power movie and I'm sure there will be lots of male bashing to go around. I think if they would of gone a darker route and used some really dark humor in it, they would of had a winner. But this movie just feels way to light and fluffy. I'd be surprised if this movie makes more money then Shazam!.
If they had done BoP like the comics it would have been win-win. You get the strong female heroes, good story with multiple elements and action types and something that probably puts various butts in seats.

This is just looks slapped together.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:53 AM   #172
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Looks like they're trying really hard to target the female viewer, problem is I don't think there a big female viewer base for this type of movie... And if guys pass on it, there's a really good chance this movie will bomb hard.

From the trailer and posters it defiantly feels like a girl power movie and I'm sure there will be lots of male bashing to go around. I think if they would of gone a darker route and used some really dark humor in it, they would of had a winner. But this movie just feels way to light and fluffy. I'll be surprised if this movie makes more money than Shazam!.

100% aimed at the younger tweens and general audience who do u think made Suicide Squad and Venom that money, certainly not comic book fans
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:56 AM   #173
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
If they had done BoP like the comics it would have been win-win. You get the strong female heroes, good story with multiple elements and action types and something that probably puts various butts in seats.

This is just looks slapped together.
They are riding off Margot Robbies popularity as HQ.If I was WB I would do the same.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #174
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

I find absolutely nothing attractive about this movie. That includes Margot Robbie's. She's uggly as hell in this movie
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #175
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Not very impressed with the trailer, but kind of liked a few of the posters.

Since it seems we get incessantly bombarded with the same trite, one-note reviews from a handful of all-knowing, misogynistic, genderphobic, race-baiting, homophobic, misoneistic, cave dwellers I thought it might be convenient to provide this handy, one-stop-shopping, boilerplate or template for them to use to make it simpler for the rest of us to breeze through without having to pointlessly wade through it in hopes of finding a germ of an original thought or salient point. Or just hit “ignore”.
This movie is bad and it sucks. Why?? Because it has a feminist agenda, has Girl Power at its roots, race swaps and gender swaps. The women are always beating up on the guys and the men are always made to look foolish or weak (like myself).
SJW SJW SJW SJW WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA YADDA YADDA YADDA
[Fill in the actress] is too short, too small, has a squeaky voice, uggly, can’t act and is wrong for the role.
I hate Rian Johnson. Kathleen Kennedy sucks.
The movie could of / should of been defiantly better if they had taken my Suuuuper Geeeeenius ideas into account (based on my years of industry knowledge).
Overall, it was meh and cheesy.
The TV series started good and than it was bad. No one knows better then me.
Box office totals determine how good the movie was, except when I disagree.
The movie only made $300 million which proves it was bad.
The movie only made over a billion dollars but for the reasons I cited earlier, it was bad.
Comic book heroes and their movie counterparts should reflect my myopic world view.
Make movies great again, stuck in the 40s and 50s !!!!!!!

JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:12 AM   #176
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Doesn't look like something I'll be seeing, which is too bad. I'd love to see a good movie with Black Canary and Huntress in it. Unfortunately this doesn't look to be it.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:53 AM   #177
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
They are riding off Margot Robbies popularity as HQ.If I was WB I would do the same.
Yeah, that usually doesn't work so well espeically when it appears you do so at the expense of what is supposed to be the "Main Cast"
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #178
adee
Green Arrow

It looks pretty awful but there's a decent chance I'll still like it.

I love her.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #179
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Not very impressed with the trailer, but kind of liked a few of the posters.

Since it seems we get incessantly bombarded with the same trite, one-note reviews from a handful of all-knowing, misogynistic, genderphobic, race-baiting, homophobic, misoneistic, cave dwellers I thought it might be convenient to provide this handy, one-stop-shopping, boilerplate or template for them to use to make it simpler for the rest of us to breeze through without having to pointlessly wade through it in hopes of finding a germ of an original thought or salient point. Or just hit “ignore”.
This movie is bad and it sucks. Why?? Because it has a feminist agenda, has Girl Power at its roots, race swaps and gender swaps. The women are always beating up on the guys and the men are always made to look foolish or weak (like myself).
SJW SJW SJW SJW WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE WOKE AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA AGENDA YADDA YADDA YADDA
[Fill in the actress] is too short, too small, has a squeaky voice, uggly, can’t act and is wrong for the role.
I hate Rian Johnson. Kathleen Kennedy sucks.
The movie could of / should of been defiantly better if they had taken my Suuuuper Geeeeenius ideas into account (based on my years of industry knowledge).
Overall, it was meh and cheesy.
The TV series started good and than it was bad. No one knows better then me.
Box office totals determine how good the movie was, except when I disagree.
The movie only made $300 million which proves it was bad.
The movie only made over a billion dollars but for the reasons I cited earlier, it was bad.
Comic book heroes and their movie counterparts should reflect my myopic world view.
Make movies great again, stuck in the 40s and 50s !!!!!!!

I see a lot of these on BleedingFool, haha.

Another one I like is the high box office take is suspect because the screening I attended was empty.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:44 PM   #180
ukshaun
Hercules

Just spotted some Birds of Prey outfits at NYCC 2019
I spotted the scene's pictured in the YouTube video:
NYCC SUPER VLOG & HAUL - New York Vlogs Ep. 6

1:56 is the moment they appear..
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote