Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #581
Jack's Username
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
there is no doubt that XM botched the scale on Mystique...
Maybe there's something that I'm missing, but how is this even possible using today's digital methods? Seems inexcusable to me.
Jack's Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:32 PM   #582
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

watching that video comparison of mystique really concluded my initial thoughts that SS has the more "mystique & sinister vibe to it" rather than the XM which looks like a cosplayer.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:49 AM   #583
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
watching that video comparison of mystique really concluded my initial thoughts that SS has the more "mystique & sinister vibe to it" rather than the XM which looks like a cosplayer.
The light baby blue skin and wonky guns kind of ruin SS Mystique for me... On the other hand XM's botched scale size has kind of ruin their statue for me also..

I'll probably end up selling it as it just doesn't look good scale wise with the other statues.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #584
Foxgod
Justice League

I dont understand the size complaints, many statues are off in scale, for example x23 is on the small size, but its a very beautiful statue.

Dont you think wanting all statues to line perfectly in scale is a tad bit obsessive?
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #585
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I think this one blows away the SS, but it does look a little too big.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #586
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

This was posted over at the freaks board...

It's true that XM's is a bit oversized but man I think SS is making their x-men statues 1/5 and just saying they're 1/4
Wow! That is striking difference seeing them side by side.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #587
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
I dont understand the size complaints, many statues are off in scale, for example x23 is on the small size, but its a very beautiful statue.

Dont you think wanting all statues to line perfectly in scale is a tad bit obsessive?
When you display them all on the same shelf you can't help but notice the scale difference. As for X-23, there is a difference between a statue just having a height difference and one that has a scale difference. With the scale being off everything on the statue looks off including the head, hands, arms, legs, etc... besides were not talking about a slight scale difference, it's a very noticeable one.

Given X-23 is only around 16 her smaller size is not an issue IMO, the statue still looks in scale with the other x-men statues including XM's (minus Mystique).
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #588
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
When you display them all on the same shelf you can't help but notice the scale difference. As for X-23, there is a difference between a statue just having a height difference and one that has a scale difference. With the scale being off everything on the statue looks off including the head, hands, arms, legs, etc... besides were not talking about a slight scale difference, it's a very noticeable one.

Given X-23 is only around 16 her smaller size is not an issue IMO, the statue still looks in scale with the other x-men statues including XM's (minus Mystique).
i dont see anything in the photo that looks off, just bigger.
I have no complaints about bigger.
And believe me, X23 has a very notable scale diffence, shes clearly smaller then most SS and XM statues.
I just dont have any problem with it.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #589
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
i dont see anything in the photo that looks off, just bigger.
I have no complaints about bigger.
And believe me, X23 has a very notable scale diffence, shes clearly smaller then most SS and XM statues.
I just dont have any problem with it.
Some of us prefer that scale in our statues is consistent. There are people that mix and match scales, but just as many don't and want their team displays to look cohesive.

Though, to be fair to XM, Sideshow pulled the same crap with their Adam Hughes Mystique comiquette back in the day. She was also freakishly large when compared to all of the other Adam Hughes pieces that had been released before her and looked silly when displayed next to the others. Those pieces were all 1/5 scale, but Mystique ended up so big she was almost a 1/4.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #590
Foxgod
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Some of us prefer that scale in our statues is consistent. There are people that mix and match scales, but just as many don't and want their team displays to look cohesive.

Though, to be fair to XM, Sideshow pulled the same crap with their Adam Hughes Mystique comiquette back in the day. She was also freakishly large when compared to all of the other Adam Hughes pieces that had been released before her and looked silly when displayed next to the others. Those pieces were all 1/5 scale, but Mystique ended up so big she was almost a 1/4.
I see, well its not stopping me, Mystique will get a nice spot on my shelves.