Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 AM   #11
law1349
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Loved the sweeping one-shot of McConaughey going through the houses, was brilliant. Really intriguing show and keeps you hooked trying to find out who is behind everything, but also what happened to the two detectives!

That shot was amazing. Best camera work I've seen. This show just feels so real and intense. I think the masses are going to take notice soon. That last episode was insane!
law1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #12
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Loved the sweeping one-shot of McConaughey going through the houses, was brilliant.
That was quite impressive. It was so smooth that it didn't register with me until they switched to the interior of the getaway car. I can't imagine the effort involved in coordinating something like that, with all the activity and noise involved.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #13
Vallos
Jubilee

That long shot was brilliant, and something I cannot recall, if ever, has been done on television. Everyone involved, from both sides of the camera exemplified such professionalism. I was literally at the edge of my bed, chomping at the bit. It was full of suspense and intrigue, and considering we know he would get out of that situation alive, I was so tuned in, that those few minutes I forgot that fact. Good cinema, right there!

The next episode confirms my suspicion I had with Cole and the cops interviewing him. I am eager to see where they are going with that.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Only one more episode of this masterpiece to go. I hope they can go out on a high.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll tell ya, this series has been nothing but a high for me. Easily the best show on television right now, BY FAR!

Crazy to think Rust had the lawnmower man at the school back in 95. Granted he had a beard so you couldn't see his scars but man were they close. Notice he was mowing the lawn at that cemetery in a circular fashion, same as the trademark circular symbol? Creepy!

I went back and re-watched the first 6 episodes before episode 7 last night. I'm glad I did because I noticed a lot of interesting things that had more meaning given what comes after.

The biggest thing I'm wondering about is Marty's eldest daughter. Remember the sexually suggestive pictures she drew at school and the way she had those dolls arranged with the men surrounding a vulnerable woman? Kind of looked like the setup in the video didn't it? That early behavior from her coupled with what she did as a teen with those two boys suggests she may have been sexually abused as a child. Maybe by Marty's Father-in-law? Could he have been a part of this too? He seemed like a rich guy with some really strong opinions and did after all make the comment "everything is sex with kids these days." Plus there had to be some sort of symbolism to Marty's eldest throwing her younger sister's crown into that tree no? Admittedly I may be reading into this too much.

Another thing I found odd was the picture in Dora Lange's mother's home of her daughter surrounded by those men on horses with Mardi Gras heads on. Was her mother in on this too?

Lastly I'm sure everyone is wondering how this will end. Watching the first episode again the opening scene shows two men in shadow setting fire to a field. One appears to be wounded too. At first I didn't think much of it but looking back I think that is Cole and Hart and when everything ends next week it will come back full circle to that event of them burning it all.

Anyway, this series is good stuff. Indeed a masterpiece in film/television making. Really makes your mind work.

Last edited by Hellboy; 03-03-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #16
Babytoxie
Ghost

It has definitely filled the recent void in our TV viewing. I wasn't expecting much, but this show has delivered from the get-go. I love the story structure, and at this rate, the payoff is going to be huge... how can it not be?

I'll miss these characters after this coming Sunday, but hopefully something good is in store for the second season.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #17
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a season finale.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #18
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I don't think I've ever been this excited for a season finale.
I'm right there with you. It's been in the back of my mind all week. Only a few more hours to go!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #19
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Direct foreshadowing in episode 3?

Last edited by Spideristic; 03-09-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Hope nobody tries to use the spiral symbol as an inspiration for a real tattoo or use it for other personal designs, as it already stands for something.

Though on the show the symbol is tilted to the right.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote