Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-01-2019, 03:59 PM   #11
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I want this to flop so bad and hopefully will...a waste of a character. I feel about this like people felt toward Dark Phoenix.
I’m not a fan from the trailer. Seems like it’s the story of the weird dude from Silence of the Lambs and not Joker....I also wasn’t a fan of Logan. Depressing and felt so wrong after everything we experienced with him and Prof X. Turned it off after 30 minutes. Not for me.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #12
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
I want this to flop so bad and hopefully will...a waste of a character. I feel about this like people felt toward Dark Phoenix.
This movie will most likely be amazing. After all, it's already very highly rated on IMDB, reviews have been phenomenal and it got an 8-minute standing ovation when it opened at the Venice film festival. There's even Oscar buzz for Joaquin Phoenix's performance.

Meanwhile, Dark Phoenix was a steaming pile.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:14 PM   #13
adee
Green Arrow

Exclamation

Quote:
I don’t get it. What’s to gain from it being bad?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #14
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The difference was the trailer for Dark Phoenix looked bad and the movie was bad.

The trailer for Joker looks good but I've yet to see it so I can't really say if the movie is good or not but I think it has a better chance of success then Dark Phoenix which was so badly written.
It didn't look good at all. This will literally be the first one I don't watch.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #15
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I don’t get it. What’s to gain from it being bad?
To prove a point that it shouldn't have been done that way and wasted the character. I think the casting was horrible cause I have never liked him.....Just my opinion tho.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #16
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
To prove a point that it shouldn't have been done that way and wasted the character. I think the casting was horrible cause I have never liked him.....Just my opinion tho.
I'm going to go in with an open mind. I didn't think I would like Ledger's portrayal and I did.

I totally understand not caring for an actor or actress and having the feeling that it ruins it for you. I still can't acknowledge Eisenberg as Lex.

As for the tone of the movie I'm still unsure but very curious as it does strike a cord with me when I watch it.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:19 PM   #17
Mister H
Green Goblin

I had a problem with the movie at first then the fact that it’s supposed to be a one and done story got me on board. I’ve always thought an Elseworlds type of approach would suit DC better for their movies.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:03 AM   #18
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I'm going to go in with an open mind. I didn't think I would like Ledger's portrayal and I did.

I totally understand not caring for an actor or actress and having the feeling that it ruins it for you. I still can't acknowledge Eisenberg as Lex.

As for the tone of the movie I'm still unsure but very curious as it does strike a cord with me when I watch it.
Yeah, Ledger hooked me as well after watching it. And you may be right about giving a chance but we'll see. All signs point toward no right now.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:26 AM   #19
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Yeah, Ledger hooked me as well after watching it. And you may be right about giving a chance but we'll see. All signs point toward no right now.
Such a damn shame he passed away. First of all, they wouldn't have had to re edit/film with him not being available towards the end of shooting. Secondly, i'm sure he would have returned to play the part in a follow up.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:49 AM   #20
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
How is the character “wasted”. This is a small budget, stand alone film. It has nothing to do with the “DCEU” and it does prohibit WB from doing another Joker in the future. In fact, I don’t recall there being a DC logo in the opening credits at all.

Overall, I liked it. Not a masterpiece, but better than I expected. I am not a fan Phoenix but he does a very good job playing the type of mentally ill character portrayed in the movie.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote