Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 08-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Rquiem
Birdman

Transformers vs G.i.joe/ First 4 figures

Hey all collectors out there,

A few years back there were 2 statues that were supposed to be released by first 4 figures in the G.I.Joe vs Transformers line.

1. Optimus prime vs SnakeEyes
2. baroness vs Ravage

Now I was and still am intrested in the second statue.

I emailed them 2 times over the years, first the were changing the ravage pose, second email they couldnt get the statue out or something like that.

I cant even reach theyr site now to contact them again. But maybe some of you know why they havent released the statues yet?

I've been waiting for this statue for 3 or 4 years now, and definatly want it. So if anyone, please inform me what the status is or if you have the contact information, help out a collector and give me a emailadres or something.

Thanks folks!
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Primal
Batman

Sorry about the bad news below
Taken from this thread http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=22421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Received this email from BBTS earlier today:

Quote:
Hi - We have been informed this item has been cancelled. We are very sorry for the problem on this item. We will need to cancel all orders in our system and remove the item from our site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com
It was a long time coming, I suppose. After at least a year of waiting, I suppose it was inevitable.

I already knew this a few months ago (I've been emailing F4F about it), but it's official now I guess. I wish there was someway someone could take that statue and release it....but don't think there is. That was a badass statue.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Vracula
Jedi Order

from the pics of the storms shadow vs optimus all i can say is "mediocre"

their productions pieces looked awesome though especially that baroness one.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Yeah, I was SO pumped to get that Stormshadow vs Optimus. Then I saw it at my LCS and was disgusted. It lost all the detail and the paint was so plain.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pain View Post
Yeah, I was SO pumped to get that Stormshadow vs Optimus. Then I saw it at my LCS and was disgusted. It lost all the detail and the paint was so plain.
lol the base looks like dog poo,,oh where do i begin to bash this horrible horrible let down!good thing first 4 has closed down.just absolute rubbish workmanship and quality.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I still can't understand how there wasn't enough demand for the Baroness vs Ravage because we have a thread like this every couple months and it has been years since that was first shown. I was so pissed the day I got the email from BBTS saying it had been offically canceled, even though I had it on PO for about 2 years and knew it wasn't going to happen. Sucks.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #7
Rquiem
Birdman

That wasnt the vs Prime i meant. Check the pic below.

And yes, that hurts even more it wont come out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OPvsSnake.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	50001  
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #8
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Rquiem. I believe this Optimus-Snake Eyes piece was in fact released a while ago, I don't remember it but I guess it came out. The problem with F4F products was that Diamond was the distributors at USA, and when Diamond Select Toys got the TF license they decided not to import F4F pieces anymore, so it became a not good deal for the english company. too bad, as I really believe they could do great things and not only with the TF and Joe licenses.
Take a look at the inprogress pics of the big Optimus bust http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92734 and here you have the final sculpt for the second battlefield piece after the Optimus Megatron one http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92722
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterton View Post
Rquiem. I believe this Optimus-Snake Eyes piece was in fact released a while ago, I don't remember it but I guess it came out. The problem with F4F products was that Diamond was the distributors at USA, and when Diamond Select Toys got the TF license they decided not to import F4F pieces anymore, so it became a not good deal for the english company. too bad, as I really believe they could do great things and not only with the TF and Joe licenses.
Take a look at the inprogress pics of the big Optimus bust http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92734 and here you have the final sculpt for the second battlefield piece after the Optimus Megatron one http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92722
Alerton-
Are you going to do a kit of that Battlefield piece? I asked about it in the original thread...would love to have that in my collection.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
alterton
Sculptor
Sculptor

Bigl: no man, it was a commissioned piece for the company but never got released
alterton is offline   Reply With Quote