Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-14-2017, 03:29 PM   #471
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Which was the point of the scene lol.
The first scene was worth staying for the one after all the credits rolled was the biggest waste of time
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:34 PM   #472
xforce
Hydra

This was my favorite spider man movie to date. I loved it. Thought the vulture was great, Holland did an amazing job with spider man. THANK goodness not an origin story again

Loved how they payed homage to the classic ditko story when the collapsed the factory on him. It was his inner strength that saved him. I remember the comic below and reading it and the film did a great job with it.

xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:36 PM   #473
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I wonder what parts of the movie were influenced by Sony and which by Marvel Sudios. Would need to talk spoilers to speculate.

I think marketing was absolutely horrible. They gave away way too much of the action and story beats. Since Sony is the distributor I solely blame them. There few suprises left in the action.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:46 PM   #474
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I wonder what parts of the movie were influenced by Sony and which by Marvel Sudios. Would need to talk spoilers to speculate.

I think marketing was absolutely horrible. They gave away way too much of the action and story beats. Since Sony is the distributor I solely blame them. There few suprises left in the action.
Sony definitley handled the marketing , my god the posters were ugly af. This movie was all marvel it had that marvel humor.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 12:04 PM   #475
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Wow, a 73% fall in ticket sales after just one week? I get the article's hypothesis about Guardians of the Galaxy and Wonder Woman offering new franchises as opposed to "yet another" Spider-Man movie but, still, given the quality and positive review of this film, I'm truly surprised!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#7cef27f41672
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #476
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I enjoyed the movie but it's not one I'd consider watching multiple times in the cinema. There was just something off for me. It's a pity that Marvel hasn't wowed me with my favourite marvel character.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #477
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I enjoyed the movie but it's not one I'd consider watching multiple times in the cinema. There was just something off for me. It's a pity that Marvel hasn't wowed me with my favourite marvel character.
As posted here, I LOVED this movie the first time I saw it. As time has passed I am far less enamoured and I couldn't initially figure out why but I realized it today.

In Homecoming, Peter is pursuing being Spider-man because he idolized Tony Stark/Iron Man. He even out and out states this in the film. That is the core of the character ripped right out of him. There is no indication that he is being a hero because it's his responsibility or out of love and respect for May and Ben Parker; which is the heart and soul of Peter Parker.

I understand that Marvel Studios was in a bad position to showcase Uncle Ben, with theirs being the third reboot in a short timeframe. Having said that, dedicating some of that Tony/Karen/Ned time, as enjoyable as it was, to Aunt May could have solved this problem. Had they used her as more than just the "hot Aunt", May as Peters ongoing motivation to do the right thing could have made this a significantly stronger film IMHO.

Just my epiphany and thought I would share as it may speak to what was off for you.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 07-16-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #478
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
As posted here, I LOVED this movie the first time I saw it. As time has passed I am far less enamoured and I couldn't initially figure out why but I realized it today.

In Homecoming, Peter is pursuing being Spider-man because he idolized Tony Stark/Iron Man. He even out and out states this in the film. That is the core of the character ripped right out of him. There is no indication that he is being a hero because it's his responsibility or out of love and respect for May and Ben Parker; which is the heart and soul of Peter Parker.

I understand that Marvel Studios was in a bad position to showcase Uncle Ben, with theirs being the third reboot in a short timeframe. Having said that, dedicating some of that Tony/Karen/Ned time, as enjoyable as it was, to Aunt May could have solved this problem. Had they used her as more than just the "hot Aunt", May as Peters ongoing motivation to do the right thing could have made this a significantly stronger film IMHO.

Just my epiphany and thought I would share as it may speak to what was off for you.
There is at least one cut scene that portrays May as more than just the "hot Aunt" and someone that could motivate Peter to do the right thing: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3317614
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #479
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think it was said previously in this thread that the movie is kind of an adaptation of the Iron Spider story from the comics. I can understand some people's disappointment with that. Marvel finally gets their hands on Spider-Man and it's not the regular Spider-Man.

I do like Tom Holland as Spider-Man more than the previous actors though.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #480
Spazzy
Hercules

I liked it for the most part....spidey...vulture......was great...still can't see aunt may as a hot aunt.. Still see her as the stripper in wrestler lol...Ned was funny...hated the other kids....they were barely needed....I get diversity and all...but flash a nerdy Indian? Mj a emo black girl? Bet there would be major outrage if there was a white luke cage...Indian falcon....Asian black panther....

And totally saw that cover above when watching it
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote