Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 AM   #21
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
He commented that the MK9 line is a bit on the smaller side compared to the Klassic line when speaking about Klassic Sub Zero next to Shao Kahn at NYCC 2013.

I welcome a new one as well. I wouldnt mind a laughing, or pointing, or hammer over the shoulder standing pose. Or even a Kahn on throne for that matter. lol!!
Jerry said multiple times that Shao is smaller (nearly 1:5 scale) because it was his first 3D sculpt and he messed the size.
Shao is huge, even when semi-squatting like that he should tower over more smaller opponents like Scorpion and Baraka. I think he's actually a bit taller than Goro because in the game the top of Shao's helmet is on the same level of Goro's ponytail. He's a tad leaner, tho.

BTW, I'm in whatever this is, 1:4 or 1:3. Hopefully it comes with a removable fabric cape.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #22
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I think he's actually a bit taller than Goro because in the game the top of Shao's helmet is on the same level of Goro's ponytail. He's a tad leaner, tho.
You are right!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoxzsvaUu4
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #23
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hope for a 1:4 Klassic Shao Kahn in his winpose.
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #24
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedlNl View Post
As someone else already noticed, this armor looks very big compared to the plastic tool box. Im gonna go guess its 1/3! Jerry said the next 1:3 wont be a ninja so this makes very much sense cuz klassic and mk9 Shao are pretty much identical so making another 1:4 scale piece is pointless.

Now, if they gonna try and scale it compared to the 1:3 ninjas, this would be one huge ass statue UNLESS, he is sitting on a throne which will keep him big yet short to fit the boxes.

Calling it! 1:3 Shao Kahn on throne )))
Seriously doubt we will get the throne. Jerry has said he probably wouldn't do it. These armor pieces are 1/3 size and the throne would be too large at that scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, Jerry.First off, great showing at Wondercon, the 1/3 Sub Zero statue was my favourite on display.I just want to ask, if you were to make a 1/3 Shao Kahn statue, can you please ask the fans if they want him posed standing with his hands on his hips, or sitting on his throne?[as a lot of people have discussed wanting either one].As you asked which pose the fans wanted for the 1/3 Akuma statue, I think it would be well worth your time asking about the pose for Shao Kahn[if you were to make him].Cheers!
I dont think we will do him on Throne. Its a cool idea but I dont think enough people will want to spend the money to have a throne. It would be quite costly.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium_substit View Post
Hi Jerry,

Any plans to start either: Motaro, Kintaro, Sheeva, or Klassic Shao Kahn in 2015?

Still considering a boss for 1:3? ?
At least one of those is pretty far along...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Jerry said multiple times that Shao is smaller (nearly 1:5 scale) because it was his first 3D sculpt and he messed the size.
Shao is huge, even when semi-squatting like that he should tower over more smaller opponents like Scorpion and Baraka. I think he's actually a bit taller than Goro because in the game the top of Shao's helmet is on the same level of Goro's ponytail. He's a tad leaner, tho.

BTW, I'm in whatever this is, 1:4 or 1:3. Hopefully it comes with a removable fabric cape.
You are right!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DmoxzsvaUu4
The Mule is right as usual (well except for Shao being the first PCS digital sculpt.) Jerry has discussed how Shao is small.

The MK 9 Shao Kahn is the most well done PCS statue I actually own so very much looking forward to 1/4 Goro having a friend.

MK9 Kahn is really small though. I like the sculpt and paint so it so much though even if Jerry released him again in the proper scale unpainted I would purchase him again and get a custom done.

MK9 Shao Kahn is what got me "collecting" PCS instead of just buying a piece here or there.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:27 AM   #25
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Oh yeah more of the Emperor
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 03:58 PM   #26
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Do you, or have you owned any of them? Or are you just making an assumption? Theyre all in scale to eachother.

He did comment that Shao was too small for MK9 by just a bit, as Shao should be bigger then anyone else in the MK9 line that was made and is either the same size or slightly smaller. It's definitely undersized.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #27
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Exactly, he's too small so I'm glad we are getting a new one, no matter what the scale.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #28
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

He is 1:4 scale Klassic mixed media and he will be glorious !
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #29
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
He is 1:4 scale Klassic mixed media and he will be glorious !
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yessssssssssss!!!'m

I'm so so so so happy!
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #30
addic
The X-Men

Holy mother of god! This will be epic! Amazing addition to the kollection. Thanks, Jerry!

I bet this will be this pose:

...and the cape will be the EX:

addic is offline   Reply With Quote