Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #11
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division
I would've liked it if pxar had remained solo
Well there is no doubt they cleaned up and could make it on their own, check out the intake on "Finding Nemo". Sweet........We all know it is always about the $$
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
C1eaN
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Keep in mind though, that Disney was more than just a name on the films. From what I understand they were the main creative force in the stoires and Pix was the genuis behind the animation. Now, if Pix had recruited some key people from Disney and ran with it I would have well been pleased.

Either way we should get a ton of new classics from them!!!
C1eaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #13
Saurons I
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Disney aren't dummies. They knew they couldn't compete in the 3D animation market with Pixar. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. Now get on with Toy Story 3 already!
Saurons I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #14
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurons I
Disney aren't dummies. They knew they couldn't compete in the 3D animation market with Pixar. If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. !
that's the american way!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:12 PM   #15
elwood49
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1eaN
Keep in mind though, that Disney was more than just a name on the films. From what I understand they were the main creative force in the stoires and Pix was the genuis behind the animation.
Nah, Pixar does all their writing in-house. John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton are the main creative forces behind the films, and both of those guys work for Pixar.

Lasseter has writing credit for Toy Story (interestingly along with Joss Whedon), Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, and Cars.

Stanton wrote Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo.

One of the 2 has also directed every Pixar film so far, with the exception of The Incredibles which is a Brad Bird project (of Iron Giant fame).

Supposedly Disney was going forward with Toy Story 3 since they own the characters, so it will be interesting to see if Pixar gets involved with that now. I bet Pixar doesn't want to make Toy Story 3, since they only did Toy Story 2 so that the Disney-made direct to video version wouldn't suck. It was only picked up for theatrical release after people saw what a hit is was going to be.

Of course, the above is all going on information released to the public. I'm probably totally wrong, and P1X is chuckling to himself right now.

Anyway, congrats man! I hope the wealth is spread around. The last thing Steve Jobs needs is more money.
elwood49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:48 PM   #16
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

What do you do at the company>?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
LOL.. no millionaire here. that's sjobs but i don't think he collects statues/busts/props like us! however, i did cash out a couple of weeks ago. actually, it was the night of the exclusive sideshow grey hulk! i was on my way to my parents to pick up my cashed stock check. i was happy to be picking up money but was really sad that i missed out on the exclusive. anyway, i sold 2K pixr stocks at $57/share! that amounts to about 114K (before taxes) but in tax reality and what i was given at the strike price.. i ended up only getting $43K which is still pretty good.

yeah, i was hoping that we would go on our own with a different distributor but i have to believe that this is for the best. we'll see..
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #17
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R
i ended up only getting $43K which is still pretty good.
ONLY?!?!? Can I be your friend
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:39 AM   #18
C1eaN
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood49
Nah, Pixar does all their writing in-house. John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton are the main creative forces behind the films, and both of those guys work for Pixar.

Lasseter has writing credit for Toy Story (interestingly along with Joss Whedon), Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, and Cars.

Stanton wrote Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo.

One of the 2 has also directed every Pixar film so far, with the exception of The Incredibles which is a Brad Bird project (of Iron Giant fame).

Supposedly Disney was going forward with Toy Story 3 since they own the characters, so it will be interesting to see if Pixar gets involved with that now. I bet Pixar doesn't want to make Toy Story 3, since they only did Toy Story 2 so that the Disney-made direct to video version wouldn't suck. It was only picked up for theatrical release after people saw what a hit is was going to be.

Of course, the above is all going on information released to the public. I'm probably totally wrong, and P1X is chuckling to himself right now.

Anyway, congrats man! I hope the wealth is spread around. The last thing Steve Jobs needs is more money.
I stand corrected...

So WTH did Pixar need Disney?
C1eaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:49 AM   #19
sith lord utinni!
U talkin' to me?

Congrats on the money man! . Forgot to add that Pixar rocks !
sith lord utinni! is offline   Reply With Quote