Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-18-2018, 04:46 AM   #431
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

It must be some VERY small speckles of blood on the bat because according to Radd Titian Disney already rejected a bloody bat.

The bat makes more sense now as they explain he took it from one of the goons to use when he ran out of bullets, I'm glad they showed that because the idea of Frank carrying that bat with him into a mission seemed very unlikely.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #432
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the concept of "he is out of ammo" and love the bat but then why is he carrying so many weapons?

The gun in his hand is empty and recently used, I get it but he has another one in the shoulder holster. That gun has the magazine so I guess he let the gun empty and then he didn't drop the gun... maybe he was expecting to find another magazine or ammo.
Same question for the rifle and it doesn't look light by the way.

On the other hand in real life guns cost money so you don't drop them once they are empty.

Silly questions anyways, being realistic with a superhero/vigilante makes no sense. This Frank looks original and fantastic. I am not a huge fan of punisher but I like it so I am thinking about buying it. He will looks pretty good close to my batmans.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:12 AM   #433
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

lol at Disney. C'mon its the Punisher for crying out loud.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #434
AC_808
Hercules

I dig the story about Frank out of ammo. But sometimes that's what a change of hand or head does, tho ...it tells a different story. With the bat in his right hand, he ran out of ammo. With a shotgun in his right hand, he is walking casually to his injured prey to finish him off.

It would still make sense if they give him a change of right hand weapon and a change of portrait without faceprint.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #435
FearlessJay
Hellboy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I dig the story about Frank out of ammo. But sometimes that's what a change of hand or head does, tho ...it tells a different story. With the bat in his right hand, he ran out of ammo. With a shotgun in his right hand, he is walking casually to his injured prey to finish him off.

It would still make sense if they give him a change of right hand weapon and a change of portrait without faceprint.

I couldn't agree more. This statue tells a VERY specific story, so mileage varies. Beautiful piece, but not sure how I'd feel about it in 10 years.
FearlessJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:34 PM   #436
vhernandez3242
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Still torn between this and the IS one... I love the look of this piece but I don't feel it represents the frank castle I read about in the ennis MAX comics.. He does look more rugged and stuff but the face paint and a few other things are making it a hard sell for me. And I feel like they won't do an unmasked portrait because I feel like it would come out looking bad... decisions, decisions...

Also hes just wearing a t shirt and pants.. I kind of like the IS one better in that regard with the magazine belt and stuff.. more true to the comic
vhernandez3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #437
SONICobra
Batman

sounds like you already have your answer
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #438
vhernandez3242

yeahh but there isnt too much out there about the IS one, and the portrait on it has more of the Jim Lee look to him.. are you picking any of these up sonic? what are your thoughts?
Old 10-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #439
SONICobra
Batman

im planning on getting both (IS is on order), theres too much i like about each one. luckily i have space for two punishers and hes one of my favorite characters
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:46 PM   #440
vhernandez3242

Hes one of mine too. guess I'll end up doing the same