Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-22-2017, 05:51 PM   #291
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

I highly doubt this is Con exclusive. Also, this Spider-Man is so so at best. If you compare XM Spider-Man to SS or IS, XM's pose is pretty boring. I don't care how much details you put on the statues, it won't make it any better.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #292
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

It is. They already stated on Facebook Spidey and Hulkbuster are con exclusives.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:25 PM   #293
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It is. They already stated on Facebook Spidey and Hulkbuster are con exclusives.
So basically it's even harder to get than it already is with XM statues?
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #294
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issun View Post
So basically it's even harder to get than it already is with XM statues?
Precisely.... thus my anger....6k into the line already with another 5k owed into for the rest of the line this year and I get reduced to scrambling to find the star of the line
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #295
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Precisely.... thus my anger....6k into the line already with another 5k owed into for the rest of the line this year and I get reduced to scrambling to find the star of the line
Damn. At least it's not a complete loss then. Spidey is ok, not really feeling the piece, and Hulkbuster, yea price wise +shipping cost, no thanks!
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:24 PM   #296
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
i feel your frustration but in my opinion, the SSC Spider-man is a better statue and still fits in with the line.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:31 PM   #297
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I wasn't going to say anything because I have never said anything against xm I'm a fanboy through and through ..but xm sells the whole spidey line through retail and the whole reason the A1 character that leads the line is a con exclusive that's the dumbest most disrespectful thing I've seen toward everyone who has invested heavily in this line it's just bottom line bull
Dude, that is a chunk of change I am lucky that I am not a fan of this piece, but I can't imagine being thousands of dollars into a line only to have to jump through hoops to get the centre piece. I sincerely wish you the best of luck finding this one at a reasonable price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
You don't think this is the only Spidey XM is doing do you? There are bound to be others as long as the license gets renewed. There are still tons of characters XM hasn't touched yet.

I wonder where Iron Spiderman has gone? Surely he is lurking around some corner or rooftop maybe.
Yeah, but this is the stand alone classic Spider-Man, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
If it is, I'm wondering if XM is planning to produce a Spiderman statue more suited for the present XM villains line up.
This is suppose to be the tie in piece to all the villains. Hence the Sinister Six swap outs for the base, but to be honest I feel like the classic Spidey they have in the MJ Dio would have worked better than this one for sure.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:34 PM   #298
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
i feel your frustration but in my opinion, the SSC Spider-man is a better statue and still fits in with the line.
While I agree about the SSC Spidey that isn't Nemisis Primes point... he wants the whole line from XM... if I was that invested I would want the centre piece too.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:03 AM   #299
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Dude, I was hunk I am lucky that I a man not a fan of this piece, but I can't imagine being thousands of dollars into a line only to have to jump through hoops to get the centre piece. I sincerely wish you the best of luck finding this one at a reasonable price.
Thanks bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
While I agree about the SSC Spidey that isn't Nemisis Primes point... he wants the whole line from XM... if I was that invested I would want the centre piece too.
Exactly ...definitely not the best spidey imo but it's the xm spidey in the xm spidey line
NEMISIS PRIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 01:27 AM   #300
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I don't think this piece is generating the buzz that XM anticipated. Maybe that's why they've decided to move it to a Con exclusive. I'll sort of piggy-back on risingstar's post and say that I think XM should've made more of a stand-alone Spider-Man piece similar to Sideshow's older Comiquette. A stuck to a wall pose would've been great, or since XM likes to go big on bases, a stuck to a busted up school bus pose would've worked great too. Or a Spidey pose leaping over a busted up vehicle or city dumpster. I wouldn't even say this one should go with the rest of the villain line-up since it's technically a dio anyway. Speaking of dios, I think everyone, including myself is burnt out on seeing them. It's same ol' crap...Spidey leaping away from Doc Oc's tentacles, Venom's Symbiote, and Goblin's pumpkin bombs. Sideshow's done it, Iron Studios has done it (and failed miserably), XM is doing it, and now it seems that Prime 1 might do it. There's even 1/6th companies that have done it. Tired of the Spidey dios, man. Kotobukiya is the only company to have done Spider-Man and a few of his enemies correctly.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote