Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-18-2015, 04:37 AM   #1991
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_Akuma_1982 View Post
I'm sure they will have more value in the future when the line will be bigger. The Klassic Ninjas are really great but i have to say the Exs are really important here : different heads and hands.
Of course the price drops because of the 1/3 but you will see when Mileena, Jade, Raiden, ... will be out. Lot will want to complete the set => the demand will be bigger.
right..that's why I will keep them to fit with mileena

My problem with MK Klassics is scale, too large for SF 1/4, you can't set up MK 1/4 next too SF 1/4, it doesn't fit together
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:39 AM   #1992
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I don't have reason to doubt about it. Received Goro just a couple weeks ago and he's flawless. Really, all the recent PCS releases in the last two years or so came out pretty much like the proto.
For the 1:3 line, Jerry said he wanted to put extra care into it - so I have exactly 0 reasons to believe that what I preordered will not come out as it should.
Also, just throw in that MK characters (differently than SF characters, for now) have been made in double versions (Klassic and moderns), other than in 1:3 scale. When there is more choice on the market for the same characters, chances are that prices will set accordingly.
And now we have MK9 Scorpion and Sub Zero, Klassic Ninjas, MKX Ninjas already teased plus 1:3 Scopr and Subz on their way. That's A LOT of choice and surely relfects on the selling prices due to a simple fact of demand and offer.
I have had a much different experience personally with PCS stuff than it sounds like you have. I'm not going to rehash all the issues I have had on my MK pieces, but I have very good reasons for not drinking the Kool-Aid.

100% agree on your point regarding choices. There is a lot going on with MK right now and that most definitely would have an impact on prices, as well.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #1993
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I have had a much different experience personally with PCS stuff than it sounds like you have. I'm not going to rehash all the issues I have had on my MK pieces, but I have very good reasons for not drinking the Kool-Aid.

100% agree on your point regarding choices. There is a lot going on with MK right now and that most definitely would have an impact on prices, as well.
Well, my personal experience is made of Scorpion Reg, Sub Zero Reg, Sub Zero Ex, Goro Reg, Scorpion 1:1 Bust Ex... which is a good chunk of the MK products released so far (especially Klassic).
All of them came without issues with the exception of Scorpion who had some yellow paint under his eye, came out by rubbing with a soft tissue.
I recall the old MK9 Scorpion had a good amount of issues (and imho it's a very very subpar piece), same for Kitana, lots of breakages I think. Shao was more or less same as prototype.
Same for SF, recently I think that only Alex had issues with the hair breaking easily and the veins not being blue. Sagat and Dhalsim came out pretty much great.
He Man and Beastman came out pretty good too. Couple of breakages with He Man but as far as I know, all have been sorted out (at least, that's the case of a friend of mine who received a broken Orko).

What I'm trying to say is, the % of issues for PCS doesn't seem to be particularly relevant, plus as far as I know they always sort things out in case of need. Unless they hit a bad streak with the next couple of releases, I don't feel I should be worried.
So far, almost every factory sealed Sideshow statue I received had some kind of noticeable flaw or issue, can't say the same for PCS (and I received more PCS pieces than Sideshow, and they were quite cheaper than Sideshow, too).
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #1994
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Well, my personal experience is made of Scorpion Reg, Sub Zero Reg, Sub Zero Ex, Goro Reg, Scorpion 1:1 Bust Ex... which is a good chunk of the MK products released so far (especially Klassic).
All of them came without issues with the exception of Scorpion who had some yellow paint under his eye, came out by rubbing with a soft tissue.
I recall the old MK9 Scorpion had a good amount of issues (and imho it's a very very subpar piece), same for Kitana, lots of breakages I think. Shao was more or less same as prototype.
Same for SF, recently I think that only Alex had issues with the hair breaking easily and the veins not being blue. Sagat and Dhalsim came out pretty much great.
He Man and Beastman came out pretty good too. Couple of breakages with He Man but as far as I know, all have been sorted out (at least, that's the case of a friend of mine who received a broken Orko).

What I'm trying to say is, the % of issues for PCS doesn't seem to be particularly relevant, plus as far as I know they always sort things out in case of need. Unless they hit a bad streak with the next couple of releases, I don't feel I should be worried.
So far, almost every factory sealed Sideshow statue I received had some kind of noticeable flaw or issue, can't say the same for PCS (and I received more PCS pieces than Sideshow, and they were quite cheaper than Sideshow, too).
Bro, I get you're a super-fan. Again, that's not going to change MY personal experience.

MK 9 Scorpion - arrived in about 10 different pieces --refund. Wasn't exactly thrilled with the post-proto changes that needed to be made anyway.

Klassic Reptile - Excellent
Klassic Scorpion EX - One of the worst paint flaws I have ever seen on a statue. SS was out of replacements and gave me a $45 credit.
Klassic Sub Ex #1 - Pretty good
Klassic Sub Ex #2 - A very similar paint flaw as what I saw on Scorp. Three weeks later I got a replacement with a broken leg. Two weeks after that I get a replacement with perhaps an ever worse paint flaw in the same spot as the first one I sent back. --refund
Klassic Smoke - Very good.

The only non-MK piece I had was the He-Man EX. That was literally flawless. To the point that I didn't even think a mass-produced statue could look as flawless as this did. I have owned ~200 or so statues and never had one look as good.

As you can see, I'm not exactly a PCS newbie. Not expecting my experiences to change your mind, but just illustrating that my experiences have been a "mixed bag" at best, so please forgive me if I'm not as much of a cheerleader as some people around here.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #1995
SuperJ300
Zot

My worries is that there are so many diffirent looks to the characters in MK, it is hard to keep up or get all the favourites.

MK9 suffered because it was too slow, and the klassics had more interest.

Now the 1/4 klassic line is on hold for MKX and 1/3 klassics.

Will this be the pattern for Mortal Kombat? Incomplete lines?

Collectors have moved from Mk9 to 1/4 Klassics to 1/3 Klassics then MKX.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:35 AM   #1996
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
My worries is that there are so many diffirent looks to the characters in MK, it is hard to keep up or get all the favourites.

MK9 suffered because it was too slow, and the klassics had more interest.

Now the 1/4 klassic line is on hold for MKX and 1/3 klassics.

Will this be the pattern for Mortal Kombat? Incomplete lines?

Collectors have moved from Mk9 to 1/4 Klassics to 1/3 Klassics then MKX.
i was really disappointed in not being able to own more mk9 statues. i feel they are hands down the best costumes in mk history. not feeling mkx costumes except sub zero's.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #1997
Oni_Akuma_1982
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Btw, what are the arms with the regular ?
Oni_Akuma_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote