Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #4041
gomur
The Tick

Hi Alex, any plans for a variant Supergirl PF?
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #4042
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi SSAlex,

Does this mean that Vader will most likely miss its target of a March-May 2016 release?

Additionally, once a product has reached completion, what is the time frame of production from the factories in China(just curious).

Thank you!
I don't believe it should miss it's target unless the factory becomes incredibly delayed or samples come in that are unsatisfactory. I don't know what the full time frame is to go from start to finish (at the factory level), sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paco1977 View Post
HOLA ALEX. HAY ALGUN PROYECTO FUTURO PARA (LEGEND-LORD OF DARKNESS) ? SOY NUEVO COLECCIONANDO Y NO HE LLEGADO A TIEMPO PARA ADQUIRIR ESTA PRECIOSA FIGURA. SALUDOS Y GRACIAS.
Hi! We actually do not have any future Legend items planned at this times. I personally would love to see some more items from that property that even go beyond Darkness but I also know that there really isn't a big market out there for that film outside of Darkness pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Alex, has it ever been considered by Sideshow to make products of the Henson properties such as Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal? A Legendary Scale Skeksi would be amazing! I'm surprised no one has tackled these films in the statue world given the beautiful source material.
We actually have made Henson items in the past from The Muppets and Dark Crystal. The Muppets were busts and Dark Crystal were articulated figures. We no longer hold the license for any Henson properties at this time though and I don't believe we'd be making anything else at this time. Dark Crystal is one property that I wish was far more popular in the collectible world as I'd love to pick up some new nice statues and busts, etc (I have the Sideshow figures, a Neca piece and some of the Plan B busts and Mindstyle Vinyl items from a while ago among some other things here and there) but it doesn't really look like anyone is producing anything anymore sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
Hi Alex, I have to ask because its been awhile but will Deathwing have a light up feature?

I know it was shot down awhile ago but wanted to double check.
Sorry, still no light-up feature. The licensor said no to it and as such it will not be included in that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex - I am seriously impressed with the Loki PF. Can you share any more details like a possible alternate head?
I haven't had a full review of this piece yet, so I do not know all that will be included with it at this time, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Hi Alex, any plans for a variant Supergirl PF?
I haven't heard of a variant being considered for this piece.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:31 PM   #4043
Timothy
The Spirit

Is Sideshow considering any Harley Quinn PF variants? Thank you for any information you can provide.
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:54 PM   #4044
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Is Sideshow considering any Harley Quinn PF variants? Thank you for any information you can provide.
I'd like to know the same. Even though I am pretty sure Alex won't be able to tell us. I think a Harley variant would be awesome!
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #4045
risingstar
Jedi Order

Hi Alex. I noticed that the Dr. Doom PF was on the coming soon list. However, it appears some people already received theirs as pics of this piece were already posted on July 4th. May I ask how this happens? If the objective is to send pieces earlier in order to have others review it, may I ask how can I get on this list? I review pieces all the time. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
In-hand pictures from facebook. Owner said this " If you guys like your statues heavy, you are going to be extremely disappointed. Light as a feather.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #4046
Thor57
Teen Titans

Hi Alex,

Any updates on the modern Thor release or when we'll at least see a production shot?

Thanks!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #4047
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Hi Alex,
This year we did not see any DC or Marvel (comic) life size busts in SDCC
Do you you know if there is a plan to release a new one this year
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:33 PM   #4048
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
I haven't heard of a variant being considered for this piece.
So Sideshow is never releasing a Supergirl variant. Thanks for the info, Alex!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:59 AM   #4049
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Alex,

How about some Jim Lee inspired 90's X-Men 1:4 scale statues? Can we get some made?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #4050
lbsjshon
Doh!

you must be sick of this question but i wondered what the situation is with any middle earth characters. Should i give up on the prospect of more.
lbsjshon is offline   Reply With Quote