Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-24-2018, 02:38 PM   #1041
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Disagree. The Ikon suit is less bulky but is a complete and sophisticated armour. The Ikon suit also has better colour contrast and colour balance compared to this PF. Also, the Ikon suit displays a more tone, but still very muscular Slade, which this PF is not at all. This PF also doesn’t demonstrate Slade’s current or past weaponry at all. New 52 has him wearing a bulkier, tactical armour, but still the colour contrast compared to this PF is much better and Slade is definitely more muscular, more imposing.

If you removed the head from this PF (the head is the only part they got right) you may not even know this Deathstroke. If you are happy with this PF, that’s great, I just don’t think it’s an accurate representation of the character at all.
I'll agree this is not comic accurate, it's Sideshow's version, no doubt, but he is in no one portrayed as a large "jacked" man in the recent books. The Ikon suit fits like spandex, showing off a lean shredded body compared to the shirt, kevlar suit and armor plating he is wearing in the PF.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-24 at 1.34.40 PM.png
Views:	51
Size:	987.8 KB
ID:	111865  
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #1042
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I didn't settle at all ordering this.
Well brother, if you love, or even like that version, then go for it. Post some pics when you get him.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #1043
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
These things cost too much money to “settle” for crap. Even if you’re going to customize it, that will take a lot of work and extra money.
Exactly! Not settling ...not with these prices.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #1044
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
And that's the problem. Igo has already stated how much he hates the classic shorts on the outside look. Sideshow has no interest in releasing classic versions anymore. It's all updated made up sideshowified costumes they are pushing now. Classic fans/collectors are basically screwed nowadays. I already know we won't get a classic Perez Deathstroke from sideshow and it's infuriating.
You never know, i think they know how this DS was received also i think there is a deathstroke movie coming out.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:03 PM   #1045
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
You never know, i think they know how this DS was received also i think there is a deathstroke movie coming out.
Then we'll get a movie Deathstroke PF. I have no interest in that. Igo made it clear what he thinks about the classics and he's already stated modernized PFs will be what's coming in the future. I have no faith we'll be seeing a classic Perez Deathstroke from sideshow.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:18 AM   #1046
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Here is a unboxing by The Odd Couple Statue Reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2bHgnPTcxw

Wait till the end for the 360 close up of him. I gotta say the way they did his armor looks so lazy, especially by his abdominal area. This statue would definitely need some mods if I were to buy this.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #1047
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher_ View Post
Here is a unboxing by The Odd Couple Statue Reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2bHgnPTcxw

Wait till the end for the 360 close up of him. I gotta say the way they did his armor looks so lazy, especially by his abdominal area. This statue would definitely need some mods if I were to buy this.
Thanks for sharing!

No offense Sideshow, but this statue lacks imagination and is very weak by today's standards. But to each their own.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:12 PM   #1048
FJC
Midnighter

This was a miss in my book all the way around.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:55 AM   #1049
AC_808
Hercules

Yup ...totally agree.

SSC needs to re-do this miss.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 PM   #1050
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I just unboxed Deathstroke, I know I defended this piece's concept on this board but still didn't expect to be so impressed once in hand. I'm telling ya, this really needs to be seen in person. It's F'N awesome. The details are killer. It has weathering on the chest and shoulder armor I wasn't expecting. Orange paint is duller, more of a natural tone than bright orange, also some nice shading on the blue of the head sculpt.

The two sword combo is just menacing, had to keep the exclusive in the box.

Solid cast figure, super heavy metal base too.

Have doubts after all the hate on this board?, I'm telling ya, give it a look at your LCS, it's killer in person, IMO.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote