Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #641
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I think people are going waaaaaaay overboard on trashing this.

Is it the perfect DS? I don't think so. But it is far from being horrible.

I think its pricey for what it is but I think everything we buy here is pricey for what it is.

I think if he had the big ridiculous boots the piece would look like a mess. I like some of the adjustments.

I think we need to exercise a little sensitivity for those who may be excited about this piece.

I don't absolutely love the piece and I am concerned with a later variant more fitting to MY style. That's all. this may be perfect for some.

If this piece lights your fire, congrats. I gave my early take on this piece so its time for me to step out and let the buyers enjoy it.
It's a discussion forum. If the talk has been overwhelmingly negative, there's a reason for it. Collectors should be able to express their thoughts whether positive or negative. If someone thinks this PF is great, any contrary viewpoints shouldn't be an issue. If I actually liked this piece, how people feel about it here wouldn't change my mind.

Bottom line, A LOT of collectors think SSC missed the mark on this PF in a BIG way. I'm one of them. I'm also one of the many here that wanted a classic DS PF (pirate boots and all). Since DS is one of my all-time favorite DC characters, I'm gutted that SSC chose to make Slade's costume up as they saw fit. It's even more frustrating that they chose this character to break the classic theme they had going on ALL of their previous DC PF releases.

Congrats to all that PO'd DS. I only wish I could share your enthusiasm. Unfortunately, I don't.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #642
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I think we need to exercise a little sensitivity for those who may be excited about this piece.
While your sympathy is admirable... Absolutely not, I refuse to entertain the snowflake genre' and be held hostage by some political correctness deemed for all those who got a trophy for showing up.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #643
COI

It's possible to be critical of a piece, but not critical of people who don't hold the same opinion.

The real problem with people on the internet in general is they either can't disagree with someone without insulting them, or they think that any disagreement with their position is a personal attack. Both are silly, especially when we're talking about one's taste in toys.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:08 PM   #644
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
While your sympathy is admirable... Absolutely not, I refuse to entertain the snowflake genre' and be held hostage by some political correctness deemed for all those who got a trophy for showing up.
I always find this mindset a bit hilarious because this is only good until something offends the person saying it.

No disrespect jpuli, but I've seen it far too often.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #645
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
It's possible to be critical of a piece, but not critical of people who don't hold the same opinion.

The real problem with people on the internet in general is they either can't disagree with someone without insulting them, or they think that any disagreement with their position is a personal attack. Both are silly, especially when we're talking about one's taste in toys.
Hey, hey, Watch your tongue
Old 03-03-2017, 08:11 PM   #646
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Hey, hey, Watch your tongue
Watch my tongue? How dare you speak to me in those domineering tones. I'm so triggered right now.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:13 PM   #647
COI

I will say, this piece has made me more appreciative of how well they executed Croc, Bane and Huntress. Can't wait for those.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #648
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Watch my tongue? How dare you speak to me in those domineering tones. I'm so triggered right now.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #649
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I will say, this piece has made me more appreciative of how well they executed Croc, Bane and Huntress. Can't wait for those.
Yes, all three were done superbly. I can't wait for Croc.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #650
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
It's a statue forum, not an immigration platform. My comment is to people saying that the buyers are suckers. I don't think I'm really being admirable by simply not being an a$$hole. Not saying you are at all.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote