Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #651
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
WHAT?? A whole line dedicated to female statues? Can you give me more info/links to more info on what these may be based on because I have not heard of this.

Lord please don't let me love them
I just saw three characters in the XM show photo thread. The characters were named Ocean, Red, and Snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Me too Rep. The Fearful Fairytales line is one of my most aniticipated lines from XM. The only thing is...don't know much about it??

Out of the three, Red and Snow are my two favorites. Ocean is nice but need to see more of that. I wonder if there are going to be male characters and funky creatures in there as well.
We already know more character bits and storyline from the Fearful Fairytales compared to Honey Trap...

Right now I think Snow might have the most potential for me.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #652
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
WHAT?? A whole line dedicated to female statues? Can you give me more info/links to more info on what these may be based on because I have not heard of this.

Lord please don't let me love them

It was very easy to miss these in the pics Grumpy put up because everything else is so awesome as well. What I find most exciting and alluring are the bases and the interplay with rivals for the females in these first three. Although I think this is 1/4...XM hasn't said anything about it and I am waiting for them to mention it. Is it worldwide license? Is it just female characters or will there also be males? Creatures? Gods?

But these are the kinds of statues and lines I would like to see more of. More adventure / fantasy / horror. Is this a license? Is it XM created? I haven't a clue and it's driving me hogwild.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #653
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Snow looks like Jennifer Carpenter...

Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #654
loricstone
Kang

Oh damn...she does! I loved her in Dexter.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:42 PM   #655
Lockdown
Mephisto

Is this an original line or based on a video game, fantasy book or comic?
Never heard of them.
This is like the reverse version of SS Court of the Dead. XM is doing the hero version.
I am looking forward to this.
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:44 PM   #656
loricstone
Kang

Your guess is as good as anyone else's Lock.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #657
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's an original gothic reimagination of common fairytales. Red Hood, Snow White and Mermaid. Red Hood slaying the wolf, Snow White killing the witch and the Mermaid fighting with whoever that is, tentacle rape Zeus.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:06 PM   #658
Lockdown
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
It's an original gothic reimagination of common fairytales. Red Hood, Snow White and Mermaid. Red Hood slaying the wolf, Snow White killing the witch and the Mermaid fighting with whoever that is, tentacle rape Zeus.
I think you're right Mule. Holy I didn't realize this.
Do they have permission from Disney because of copyright?
Lockdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #659
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
I think you're right Mule. Holy I didn't realize this.
Do they have permission from Disney because of copyright?
Disney, to my knowledge doesn't own the rights to fairy tale characters. Grimm was the first to publish them. Disney may own the copyright to "their" version of the characters. Here's a solid explanation that was backed up by an intellectual property lawyer later in the thread. These aren't my words.

"Disclaimer: Have some legal training, but am not a lawyer, am not specialized in intellectual property law.

Going through their application and approval, Disney may have a trademark because they were able to establish that through long use, the name has become nearly synonymous in America with their product. Someone at the Patent and Trademark Office agreed. However, they can still have their trademark challenged, and I suspect if they tried to enforce a trademark claim over Universal's recent Snow White movie, it would be a pretty nasty fight with little to gain for Disney. They likely won't enforce the trademark except where it can be closely identified with their particular take on Snow White, and I suspect that will be primarily in merchandise.

When looking at Snow White and the Huntsman merchandising, they avoid the phrase "Snow White" coming up on its lonesome, to avoid confusion with the Disney character.

Quick Primer on the difference between a trademark, copyright, and a patent:
•A trademark identifies the company or type of product to the consumer.
•A copyright protects the plot, substance, dialogue, notes, etc. of a particular piece of film, story, music, video game, etc.
•A patent identifies a unique mechanism, such as an invention.

Disney does not have copyright to the original Snow White, which is owned by the public; they do have copyright on their version of events."
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #660
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Disney, to my knowledge doesn't own the rights to fairy tale characters. Grimm was the first to publish them. Disney may own the copyright to "their" version of the characters. Here's a solid explanation that was backed up by an intellectual property lawyer later in the thread. These aren't my words.

"Disclaimer: Have some legal training, but am not a lawyer, am not specialized in intellectual property law.

Going through their application and approval, Disney may have a trademark because they were able to establish that through long use, the name has become nearly synonymous in America with their product. Someone at the Patent and Trademark Office agreed. However, they can still have their trademark challenged, and I suspect if they tried to enforce a trademark claim over Universal's recent Snow White movie, it would be a pretty nasty fight with little to gain for Disney. They likely won't enforce the trademark except where it can be closely identified with their particular take on Snow White, and I suspect that will be primarily in merchandise.

When looking at Snow White and the Huntsman merchandising, they avoid the phrase "Snow White" coming up on its lonesome, to avoid confusion with the Disney character.

Quick Primer on the difference between a trademark, copyright, and a patent:
•A trademark identifies the company or type of product to the consumer.
•A copyright protects the plot, substance, dialogue, notes, etc. of a particular piece of film, story, music, video game, etc.
•A patent identifies a unique mechanism, such as an invention.

Disney does not have copyright to the original Snow White, which is owned by the public; they do have copyright on their version of events."
Thanks for posting this J. Now I know specifically that I need to get my company trademarked and my product copywrighted (once I have more content that is).