Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-13-2024, 09:00 PM   #7571
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Congrats, you two!

Temporary idea, but the piece really doesn't look bad on the floor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Can fully understand. Those 3 boxes are and will be a pain..

During unboxing you have a whole room occupied with boxes, packaging and parts

Anyhow congrats !
Thanks! I've got a decent sized coffee table in the man cave that might have to do for now,only thing is once I get a display for it I'ma have to move the whole sucka. Anyone here had to do that and how nerve racking and heavy was it?
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 10:08 PM   #7572
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Temporary idea, but the piece really doesn't look bad on the floor.
Looks horrible on the floor. I've tried. He needs to be displayed on a tall desk, table or museum display. At least 30 inches high.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 03:30 AM   #7573
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyan View Post
Thanks! I've got a decent sized coffee table in the man cave that might have to do for now,only thing is once I get a display for it I'ma have to move the whole sucka. Anyone here had to do that and how nerve racking and heavy was it?
I took mine apart before moving it. This piece isn't just heavy, it's unwieldy due to how the weight is distributed. You've got a 40-lb slab and another 45-lb figure that sticks 30" out of it. Keeping the whole thing balanced in the air (even just the base with the legs) is something I don't want to think about.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:44 AM   #7574
Furyan
Mephisto

Quote:
I took mine apart before moving it. This piece isn't just heavy, it's unwieldy due to how the weight is distributed. You've got a 40-lb slab and another 45-lb figure that sticks 30" out of it. Keeping the whole thing balanced in the air (even just the base with the legs) is something I don't want to think about.
That's what I was afraid of damn lol. Their 1/4 scale JH is already a PITA to move around with two people. I think I've reached my size limit with these 1/3 predators,after CH comes I'm out. And hopefully the 1/3 Endo can be condensed into 2 boxes at least.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:56 AM   #7575
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

So mine has been paid since early Feb and still hasn't shipped. E-mailed Prime 1 and didn't get a response.

Definitely my last order with them.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 02:01 PM   #7576
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
So mine has been paid since early Feb and still hasn't shipped. E-mailed Prime 1 and didn't get a response.

Secret Compass would be the way to go, if you still want to purchase P1 statues, but don't want to deal with P1 directly [ as Secret Compass are located in Fort Collins, Colorado, and are a direct distributor of P1 statues ]......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:15 PM   #7577
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post

Why? How long ago did you inquire? The Chinese new year has delayed many shipments.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:17 PM   #7578
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Secret Compass would be the way to go, if you still want to purchase P1 statues, but don't want to deal with P1 directly [ as Secret Compass are located in Fort Collins, Colorado, and are a direct distributor of P1 statues ]......
They are great except for the massive delay in actually getting your preordered statue compared to ordering direct. I am still waiting on pieces from Shane P1 direct has had in stock for so long they were even included with the last sale...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:52 PM   #7579
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They are great except for the massive delay in actually getting your preordered statue compared to ordering direct. I am still waiting on pieces from Shane P1 direct has had in stock for so long they were even included with the last sale...
Yep, you would think being a ?official? distributor would have its perks. God forbid if you need replacement parts of any sort. It took Sideshow 2 days to ship out a replacement head for my Noir Spiderman.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:47 AM   #7580
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by csutkakoma View Post
The Biomask also is totally wrong. The lenses, the shape of the helmet are not accurate, not to mention lots of details are missing from the mask. So you can make that one more accurate. Oh and the dreads are too short and the body is a little too bulky. I am excited for PCS Jungle Hunter.

Prime 1 certainly made a good statue there are still areas which can be improved as mentioned above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The bio is excellent. Totally wrong is just silly. Could it be like 5% better? maybe. I?m a huge Predator fan and the lenses dont bother me in the slightest. I dont looking At them say my God they're terrible same with the bio. Lenses are fine. You want the bio a coupe Shades of grey lighter?? plug in your airbrush or get a paintbrush and make it your own.

The dreads are a perfect length. If they were longer they would look stupid. Body is not bulky.

Two flaws I do notice are the knee pads are about 30-40% too thick and the legs should have matched the torso in terms of texture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I think what you mention are very individual to how you see it. I haven?t heard anyone criticize the Bio or dread length that much. It will never be 100% perfect, but it?s better than every other company has done except for the OG SWS Predator maquette.
I did mentioned the dread length and the knee pads during P1 prototype stage.
With the P1 statue it looks like he just went for a fresh haircut (all around at the same length). Would be nice if some dreads where longer than others (which should easily reach the chest buckle and let say one inch longer than currently would be my choice too).

The big gap behind the already thick knee pads still is an eyesore. These pads should 'rest' against his knees (or at least close by). I really tried to get mine off by full heat of hairdryer and then pulling hard (was close at breaking point), but the glue combined with prob a peg, was too strong attached. So i gave up and filled the gap with small leather pad.

Also many of these JH heads (not all) the decal patterns are too dense applied (or even overlapping). And edges are noticeable, not blend with some airbrush paint. But black decals as top layer covered only with gloss.

Sculpt wise P1 preds are great, but wish these three points where addressed better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pred dreads.png
Views:	10
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	169363  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote