Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-23-2020, 09:45 AM   #431
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Well I disagree about Chad. He’s a good guy and I received a full refund for two Tweeterhead’s and wasn’t charged anything . I don’t think it’s fair to label him or company in negative way . He’s doing all this juggling for the customers.

I noticed you’re 45 posts in and already spreading the KAKA maybe take a pill relax.
I don't post a lot, but I read a lot. Most of my posts are overwhelmingly positive EXCEPT when it comes to Tweeterhead. I've ordered 4 TH statues. Two of them were Robin and Superman. The reason for my frustration should be evident.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #432
cjacobs83
Justice League

Spec fiction is def amazing. He is a perfect example on how great customer service should be ran.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #433
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
Spec fiction is def amazing. He is a perfect example on how great customer service should be ran.
YES! He is an incredible, almost superhuman, example of customer service. Did you see how he had a customer's Storm statue fixed when a replacement couldn't be found?

Plus, he makes himself available at all hours. I almost feel bad making myself an imposition to him because he's so willing to be of assistance.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #434
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

I like Spec Fiction. I have multiple orders with them as I do TH. I have sent SF a couple emails over a week ago that have gone unanswered. I have also ordered many pieces from Sideshow and have had mixed results. Some hits, some misses and not every piece I had an issue with got solved the way I had hoped. So I think every company has opportunities to get better. That doesnt mean I wont continue to do business with them.

TH is front and center doing videos in person and I believe he is trying. He is admitting to mistakes and while that doesnt mean I give him a pass it just means we each have to find our comfort zone in how we do business with him. Some wont at all, some will be guarded or wary.

I enjoy options, I dont want just Walmarts in my world. I want the smaller businesses to give us more options even if that means i may have to go thru some growing pains with them.

I ordered Robin and Batgirl on the premise of the base and am very disappointed that it didnt come to fruition. I still like the pieces regardless so I am keeping my PO's. I have passed on a few other pieces after them however as I'd like to get them in hand before going to mich further. I do enjoy my Batman piece!
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #435
slow17motion
The Spirit

I emailed Spec a question yesterday and received an email back the same day. He has a chat that he answers and you can easily reach him pretty much anywhere. I would try again.

I like small companies, too. I invested a lot of money into TH. However, after the last year, I don't see how anyone continues to support TH.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:07 PM   #436
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I emailed Spec a question yesterday and received an email back the same day. He has a chat that he answers and you can easily reach him pretty much anywhere. I would try again.

I like small companies, too. I invested a lot of money into TH. However, after the last year, I don't see how anyone continues to support TH.
We get it, your experience sucked. You ordered too many statues that you have to cancel and didn't get your refund quickly. It's been stated multiple times that the company TH uses for credit card processing isn't very good and they are changing it. Specfiction is great, but doesn't make statues. Didn't you talk to Chad on the phone? Why not call him again for the refund?
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:23 PM   #437
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have a few questions here. I was not planning on getting Robin (still not) but

1) the original extra base was supposed to be a base that would have held Batman, Robin and Batgirl. So that would have been a base that would have held just the Batman, Robin and Batgirl statue, not the statues with their individual bases, correct?

2) the 2nd option would have been a base that would have just held Batman and Robin only?

3) this 3rd option looks like it is a regular base that would hold both Batman and Robin, statue and base, on a 2nd base that would look like a roof top.

Well, this would be my suggestion. Creating a base at different tier levels that you would be able to put Batman (statue and base) in the middle and elevated and one side put Batgirl (statue and base) and Robin (statue and base) on the other side. This would be a large base but I wonder if that would be a little more feasible than than a base that all three (or even two) statues would fit into.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:35 PM   #438
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
We get it, your experience sucked. You ordered too many statues that you have to cancel and didn't get your refund quickly. It's been stated multiple times that the company TH uses for credit card processing isn't very good and they are changing it. Specfiction is great, but doesn't make statues. Didn't you talk to Chad on the phone? Why not call him again for the refund?
I didn't "order too many statues." I can afford all of the statues I ordered. I currently have Gambit and Cyclops from XM preordered. I have about seven statues coming from Sideshow. "Too many" has nothing to do with it.

Spec doesn't make statues, but that's neither here nor there. Customer service is customer service, no matter what the business is responsible for doing.

I've talked to Chad and now I've contacted TH and Chad via text. I have no interest in having another protracted conversation. He sold people a bill of goods with the Robin statue and I would like a refund.

Too many people defend TH and Chad because he seems like a nice guy, when the company should be held responsible for the business that it conducts. I wish him all the best after our business is concluded.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:45 PM   #439
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I have a few questions here. I was not planning on getting Robin (still not) but

1) the original extra base was supposed to be a base that would have held Batman, Robin and Batgirl. So that would have been a base that would have held just the Batman, Robin and Batgirl statue, not the statues with their individual bases, correct?

2) the 2nd option would have been a base that would have just held Batman and Robin only?

3) this 3rd option looks like it is a regular base that would hold both Batman and Robin, statue and base, on a 2nd base that would look like a roof top.

Well, this would be my suggestion. Creating a base at different tier levels that you would be able to put Batman (statue and base) in the middle and elevated and one side put Batgirl (statue and base) and Robin (statue and base) on the other side. This would be a large base but I wonder if that would be a little more feasible than than a base that all three (or even two) statues would fit into.
The original base was supposed to be an EX for Robin that could include Batgirl, Batman, and Robin, as you stated. This fell through when they saw the orders didn't line up with what they'd hoped.

This caused TH to drag its feet and slowly loose information regarding the "evolution" of the Robin base. For months people were told a reveal would be coming, but nothing materialized. During this time it was confirmed that Batgirl would no longer be included, but that she would look good near the Robin and Batman display.

I was then informed that the display would have Robin on a similar base to Batman with a connective piece to make it look like they're on the same rooftop. Months passed and we were finally able to see some of what the Robin base would look like.

Then, last week (over a year after the initial preorder), concept art was released for the base, which shows Robin and Batman on gargoyle bases--connected by a rather cheap-looking trim that both can somehow set into. Furthermore, the bases are pointed at each other, which makes no sense as no building would have two rooftop corners facing each other. It was hideous. And, of course, no actual piece was shown--just concept art--due to "webcam issues." These issues apparently persisted through the weekend and I guess through his video stream today (as no base was shown).

Throughout this entire ordeal, the description on the website remains the same (indicating that the EX base will fit Batman, Robin, and Batgirl).

I think your idea would be fine. I think, ideally, this whole thing would have been planned out well ahead of time, but that wasn't the case.

I understand that people want to defend TH--many of its fans will do so endlessly. However, this is not just a matter of being "late" as it's being presented. It's a series of false statements over the course of a year. I have NEVER canceled an order (aside from an error that I made once with Sideshow when I forgot to apply a coupon, which was corrected via chat that same day). I believe that I'm rather cordial and easy to deal with. However, when so much money is invested and the product changes during the pre-order period, that's just unacceptable.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:55 PM   #440
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
I didn't "order too many statues." I can afford all of the statues I ordered. I currently have Gambit and Cyclops from XM preordered. I have about seven statues coming from Sideshow. "Too many" has nothing to do with it.

Spec doesn't make statues, but that's neither here nor there. Customer service is customer service, no matter what the business is responsible for doing.

I've talked to Chad and now I've contacted TH and Chad via text. I have no interest in having another protracted conversation. He sold people a bill of goods with the Robin statue and I would like a refund.

Too many people defend TH and Chad because he seems like a nice guy, when the company should be held responsible for the business that it conducts. I wish him all the best after our business is concluded.
I'm not defending them. There are many areas that could use improvement. A passion for making statues does not always translate to great business skills. Chad acknowledged that he gets too ambitious with certain things like the Robin base, and will no longer be doing that. I just think multiple posts here, on Facebook, the BBB, and who knows where else is a bit overkill.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote