Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-23-2020, 06:08 PM   #26161
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Once upon a time in Hollywood - I wasn't sure about this movie after the first viewing, but after I did a bit more research into the background and the times and the characters I watched it again and I realized that Quentin made a really amazing love letter to the golden age of Hollywood, a wonderful mix of reality and fiction that worked so well - 9/10

and because of this movie, I wanted to watch something with Sharon Tate, so I saw my very first movie with her (and her last movie sadly)

The Fearless Vampire Killers - this was a really fun movie, I was surprised with how well done it was, it had great production values and a great setting. Sharon was just stunning in this, such a shame what happened to her, such potential tragically cut short, seems like she would have been a huge star throughout the years if she was still around - 9/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #26162
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Once upon a time in Hollywood - I wasn't sure about this movie after the first viewing, but after I did a bit more research into the background and the times and the characters I watched it again and I realized that Quentin made a really amazing love letter to the golden age of Hollywood, a wonderful mix of reality and fiction that worked so well - 9/10

and because of this movie, I wanted to watch something with Sharon Tate, so I saw my very first movie with her (and her last movie sadly)

The Fearless Vampire Killers - this was a really fun movie, I was surprised with how well done it was, it had great production values and a great setting. Sharon was just stunning in this, such a shame what happened to her, such potential tragically cut short, seems like she would have been a huge star throughout the years if she was still around - 9/10
Max Baer Jr (Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies) said that Sharon Tate was the single most attractive woman he had ever seen and he was in Hollywood for years as an actor and producer. She really was exceptionally hot.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:52 PM   #26163
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Max Baer Jr (Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies) said that Sharon Tate was the single most attractive woman he had ever seen and he was in Hollywood for years as an actor and producer. She really was exceptionally hot.
thats probably not too far off from the truth! the bath tub scene in the fearless vampire killers is especially iconic, she looked great with red hair

2 things surprise me about her:

1) that she wanted to be with that little gremlin Roman Polanski

2) that apparently she was as kind as she was beautiful and genuine, a rare thing in Hollywood im assuming

any suggestions on the best movie to watch with her?
Old 01-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #26164
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

When a Stranger Calls (1979) - 5/10

Average.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 10:54 PM   #26165
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
thats probably not too far off from the truth! the bath tub scene in the fearless vampire killers is especially iconic, she looked great with red hair

2 things surprise me about her:

1) that she wanted to be with that little gremlin Roman Polanski

2) that apparently she was as kind as she was beautiful and genuine, a rare thing in Hollywood im assuming

any suggestions on the best movie to watch with her?
The Wrecking Crew. Love that movie
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 08:37 AM   #26166
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
or The Fearless Vampire Killers. She shines in that movie.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #26167
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
awesome, Ill check this one out ASAP!! this seemed to be the movie they focused on the most for her in once upon a time in hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
or The Fearless Vampire Killers. She shines in that movie
this is the only movie of hers I've seen so far, I reviewed it above, she was an absolute stunner in this movie
Old 01-24-2020, 11:48 AM   #26168
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

A Bay of Blood - one of my favorite giallo slasher movies of all time from the Italian director that started it all Mario Bava. I used to think Lucio Fulci and Dario Argento were the masters, but I dont think they'd even be around if it werent for Mario Bava - 9/10

The Pit and the Pendulum - Vincent Price and Barbara Steele, what a great combo! the more movies I watch of Barbara Steele the more I realize why everyone wanted her in their horror movies back in the day, she was also in Mario Bava's Black Sunday (another amazing movie) which came out the year before the Pit and the Pendulum. She had that dark voluptuous look which was perfect for horror movies even though she disliked them - 8.5/10

The Whip and the Body - another amazing movie from Mario Bava. The use of color in this movie is outstanding, every scene was drenched in color, atmosphere, and beautiful scenary, a visual experience from beginning to end. Starring a young Christopher Lee and Daliah Lavi (Mario Bava wanted Barbara Steele for the movie but she wouldnt do it, but Daliah did a great job, even though its clear they just wanted her to be another Barbara Steele) The subject matter on this one is a bit taboo (more or less Daliah Lavi's character loved S&M and got off on being whipped/tortured by Christopher Lee) I thought it was done tastefully though, and honestly I was so wrapped up in the atmospher and beauty of every scene it wouldnt matter to me either way what the subject matter was, and there was a lot more in the story than just S&M - 9.5/10
Old 01-24-2020, 09:42 PM   #26169
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

28 days later. 7.5/10
Maleficent 2. 4/10
In Time. 5.5/10
The last castle. 8/10
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:02 PM   #26170
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Not sure If I ever rated this..

Star Wars Rogue One 9/10. Very close to perfect. Easily the best Star Wars movie since Disney took over.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote