Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #1441
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Hey Alex,

I have an '89 Keaton Batman PF on pre-order and I see from reading the forums he has been pushed back a month. But other members have stated they have received an e-mail updating them about the delay. I did not receive any e-mails, so my question is could there be something wrong with my order or account as to why I would not be receiving e-mail updates?
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #1442
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timcat View Post
All of the X-men seem to be 90s styled Jim Lee X-men except Storm. Storm is definitely 70s Claremont/Cockrum era design.

Why? Was it a creative choice because 90s Storm had an awful costume?

Are there plans for more X-men in the same era as Storm?

I would LOVE a Cockrum/Byrne styled Phoenix & or Cyclops (& nightcrawler & Banshee). The 90s versions with the big X-base just don't do it for me.

Thanks!

P.S. Did you know that Dave Cockrum originally designed Nightcrawler as a pitch for a Legion of Superheroes spin off? DC comics passed and he sold the concept to Marvel. Who knows what kind of Nightcrawler we would have gotten had DC bought him.
Unfortunately I'm not part of the process that involves decisions for design/style/etc. of a product and it has never been passed along as to why Storm is one era and others are other eras, so I really cannot answer that question.

As to what era future X-Men will be in...I really do not know as I haven't seen any future pieces at this juncture.

Interesting Factoid about Nightcrawler! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Hey Alex,
I was wondering if the new black widow pf will have a functioning zipper that could zip all the way up to her neck? I would prefer displaying her zipped up. Especially because of the cold climate she is being portrayed in.
I do not know...but I'll see if I can find an answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Hi SSAlex,

Is there a good chance we might be hearing about some Star Wars news on May 4th?
You may...oh...you may. :-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gricho View Post
Hello SS,

Do you know when the first batch will start to ship?

Thanks.
For Superman? Should be this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antman84 View Post
Hi Alex

This is more of a sugestion than a question like the huge galactus maquette I think the world needs a sentinel maquette of the same size it would be awesome. What's the chances?
A sentinel Maquette would be amazing, right? Perhaps one day! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
HI Alex,

Will you every visit the DRAGONBALL/DRAGONBALLZ license?
I know you've done stuff in the past but I'd love to see a line of PFs (mixed media) of Goku and the gang. This is another license that i know you'd make crazy dough off of. Just look at the Dragonball fans on FB alone.

Also any word on Game of Thrones yet? and have you seen Episode 2?

So Ahsoka Tano.....
Dragonball isn't part of any future plans currently. That could change of course...but for now....not planned to pursue right now.

I have no news on Game of Thrones or Ahsoko Tano. I did see the second episode of Game of Thrones last night...sooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Knight View Post
Hey Alex,

I have an '89 Keaton Batman PF on pre-order and I see from reading the forums he has been pushed back a month. But other members have stated they have received an e-mail updating them about the delay. I did not receive any e-mails, so my question is could there be something wrong with my order or account as to why I would not be receiving e-mail updates?
Are you a full pay or FLEXPay person? If you are full pay than you more than likely wouldn't have gotten any notification. FLEXpay folks would have since their payments changed due to the estimated ship month changing.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #1443
Antman84
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thank Alex I like to think the seed is planted, now to play the waiting game
Antman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #1444
Darkest Knight
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Are you a full pay or FLEXPay person? If you are full pay than you more than likely wouldn't have gotten any notification. FLEXpay folks would have since their payments changed due to the estimated ship month changing.
That makes sense, I'm on full pay. Thanks Alex
Darkest Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #1445
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

SSA, has this been the norm of shipping if a rlease date changes? because i recall when the Darth Maul Mythos statue had a release date change my flex payment changed but the folks who made a one time payment received theirs before the flexers did. reason why i switched to a one time payment from now on with all my purchases with SS.

curious to know. is this the first time you guys have done this? and if so. will this be the norm from now on? will the flexers get the statues first from now on if there is a date change to the release date?
plus, SS didn't do this with the Batman PF did they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #1446
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

SSA, with the recent news about the SO eyes for the Superman PF. when can we expect to see some images on the SS website of these?
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM   #1447
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Hi Alex,

Would it be possible to pass along a request to add pupils to the long haired Jean Grey head sculpt? Thanks!
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #1448
Peedi
The Secret Six

Originally posted by demonhunter I believe:

Pupils would look amazing on this.

Also, and I do realize this isn't your call SSAlex, but so many Marvel red head ladies end up with brown hair on the statues... can we get Jean to have red hair instead of brown? The lighting here makes it look red but in other pictures it's very brown, not at all the red hair she should have.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #1449
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

SSAlex...you know you've been waiting for it:

Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #1450
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSA, has this been the norm of shipping if a rlease date changes? because i recall when the Darth Maul Mythos statue had a release date change my flex payment changed but the folks who made a one time payment received theirs before the flexers did. reason why i switched to a one time payment from now on with all my purchases with SS.

curious to know. is this the first time you guys have done this? and if so. will this be the norm from now on? will the flexers get the statues first from now on if there is a date change to the release date?
plus, SS didn't do this with the Batman PF did they?
When it comes to split shipments, FLEXPay-ers almost always end up getting theirs after full pay folks. In the instance of Superman it was decided that FLEXPay-ers that were having final payments hitting on a certain date would get the first batch because 1. They rarely find themselves a 'first' (so to speak) spot and 2. The amount in batch one matched up perfectly to those who have the piece on FLEX.

Will this be the norm going forward? Doubtful. There will continue to be pieces that come in in batches from time to time and after evaluation it will be decided which group of folks will either 1. Work best to get the first batch or 2. Get the 'first' treatment because they didn't previously for another item, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
SSA, with the recent news about the SO eyes for the Superman PF. when can we expect to see some images on the SS website of these?
I was hoping we'd have them up by now but they won't be wrapped up with approvals until sometime next week or the week after as of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ski View Post
Hi Alex,

Would it be possible to pass along a request to add pupils to the long haired Jean Grey head sculpt? Thanks!
Request away! No guarantees it would happen of course, but requests are welcomed. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Originally posted by demonhunter I believe:

Pupils would look amazing on this.

Also, and I do realize this isn't your call SSAlex, but so many Marvel red head ladies end up with brown hair on the statues... can we get Jean to have red hair instead of brown? The lighting here makes it look red but in other pictures it's very brown, not at all the red hair she should have.
Her hair will not be a poison ivy red (for example) but will be more of an auburn red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
SSAlex...you know you've been waiting for it:

Still not quite getting what you're trying to say with all these Daredevil posts. ;-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote